Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to send email from my phone on Meteor Wap

• 22-10-2009 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

Looking for help here - I have a Nokia N97 and have my Eircom account set up on the phone so I can pick up email on the go.

I find that when I use the Meteor wap if Im not in a Wi Fi area to pick up an email I cannot forward it to another email address or reply to the sender.

When Im at home its no problem with the Wi Fi - anyone else have this problem??

Kilsmum:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭revolver2k

Try using Meteor DATA instead.

Have you bought this handset from Meteor or elsewhere ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

does it connect to the AP at all (2 completed arrows under the 'e' or '3g') or flashing/broken arrows?

meteor also try to disable TLS encryption by modifying packets if you are using port 25 for some reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I reckon the problem is that when you are on Meteor, to send/forward messages, you have to use the outgoing Meteor mail server.

Probably something like mail.meteor.ie or smtp.meteor.ie. Ring them and ask them. Actually, don't. Ring your granny instead, you might get a more intelligent answer.

Try the above, if they don't work, I am sure somebody here will be able to tell you what the correct one is.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    I reckon the problem is that when you are on Meteor, to send/forward messages, you have to use the outgoing Meteor mail server.

Probably something like mail.meteor.ie or smtp.meteor.ie. Ring them and ask them. Actually, don't. Ring your granny instead, you might get a more intelligent answer.

Try the above, if they don't work, I am sure somebody here will be able to tell you what the correct one is.

you don't have to, you can use any outgoing email server but if you connect on port 25 and use STARTTLS encryption it will fail because meteor changes the incoming packet from the email server that says it supports STARTTLS and replaces it with XXXXX. so disable encryption might work

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Thanks everyone for your replies - Pyro Boy suggested using Meteor Data so I rang Customer Care to get them to send me on the setting and believe it or not!! they sorted my problem out over the phone just there!!

I have an Eircom email address but my internet provider is BT - so I was using webmail.eircom.net as my incoming server and gpo.iol.ie for my outgoing mail server as I do on my laptop - The C C Agent told me to change my outgoing server to mail1.eircom.net and type Port 25 in the settings and it works!!

I can now reply, forward and send the emails directly from the phone on the go!!

Kilsmum:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

kilsmum wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for your replies - Pyro Boy suggested using Meteor Data so I rang Customer Care to get them to send me on the setting and believe it or not!! they sorted my problem out over the phone just there!!

I have an Eircom email address but my internet provider is BT - so I was using webmail.eircom.net as my incoming server and gpo.iol.ie for my outgoing mail server as I do on my laptop - The C C Agent told me to change my outgoing server to mail1.eircom.net and type Port 25 in the settings and it works!!

I can now reply, forward and send the emails directly from the phone on the go!!

Kilsmum:D:D:D:D:D:D

*is happy for you*

Advertisement