Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos bed returns??

Options
  • 22-10-2009 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Ordered 3 beds from argos, wanted to return mattresses (still in plastic) not good quality. As they were bought as a set (bed & mattress) was told beds had to be returned as well in packaging, as my husband had already started making beds I left it.
    Have since made up beds and looks like mattresses are too small (width & height). My child has already got her arm stuck through the night between headboard & mattress. Have had to pack under head board, bottom of bed & side of bed with pillows & cushions. There is an over 6 age limit on beds which my children are.
    Phoned to complain they said they'd

1. Offer me a €45 voucher as an apology or
    2. Exchange mattresses for same ones?? I asked then since returning mattresses could they give me better quality ones for extra charge, they couldn't
    4. Full refund but beds have to dismantled to be returned
    4. Reorder different beds but have to dismantle old beds & assemble new ones!!

Not sure were to go with this, don't fancy having to dismantle & make up more beds. Has anyone else had any problems like this with argos?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

sounds fair that you must dismantle them but if thats all you have to do, then I would take that. Isn't it just a few allen keys etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

It's normally just an allen key, but it's the hassle of doing it. Unfortunately OP it looks like you're going to have to dismantle the beds, suppose lucky it's the bank holiday, have an extra day to do it.
    From Argos's point of view, they have a right to have them returned in the same condition they were delivered in, they don't offer an assembly service s why offer a disassemble service too. Thats what I don't like about buying furniture from them, you can't see it until it's home and made.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭shazza07

The beds I got need a bit more than an allen key took 3+ hours for 2 people to assemble each of them not looking forward to taking apart and starting again, looks like we'll have a busy weekend.
    I know it's argos and wasn't expecting high end quality but was expecting them to be safe, I'm so surprised they can sell these as kids beds :( so dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

shazza07 wrote: »
    The beds I got need a bit more than an allen key took 3+ hours for 2 people to assemble each of them not looking forward to taking apart and starting again, looks like we'll have a busy weekend.
    I know it's argos and wasn't expecting high end quality but was expecting them to be safe, I'm so surprised they can sell these as kids beds :( so dangerous.

Just dismantle them, return them, they have kept with in the cinsumer law and are being very fair about taking them back.

Advertisement