Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lightroom 3.0 BETA available

• 22-10-2009 10:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭

I've never used LR (need to start) but i just spotted that a free trial of the beta version of LR3 is available now to download. Can be used free until it expires on April 30 2010 when you then need to buy the full version

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom3/

Might of interest to some people....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I like the list of new features -

Some of the new features included for you to play with in the Lightroom 3 beta are:

* Brand new performance architecture, building for the future of growing image libraries
    * State-of-the-art noise reduction to help you perfect your high ISO shots
    * Watermarking tool that helps you customize and protect your images with ease
    * Portable sharable slideshows with audio—designed to give you more flexibility and impact on how you choose to share your images, you can now save and export your slideshows as videos and include audio
    * Flexible customizable print package creation so your print package layouts are all your own
    * Film grain simulation tool for enhancing your images to look as gritty as you want
    * New import handling designed to make importing streamlined and easy
    * More flexible online publishing options so you can post your images online to certain online photo sharing sites directly from inside Lightroom 3 beta (may require third-party plug-ins)*

I may try the beta, but am certainly looking forward to the full package, when it comes out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I just installed it.

I like the watermarking tool. :D

I'm disappointed that the clone tool is still a patch tool, rather than a clone tool like in Photoshop. :mad:

It also has a link to directly post to FlickR. (Maybe a chance for pix.ie to get added if they work with Adobe on it).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

looks good...very good.

my lappy struggles a bit with it. whats it like with ver 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

I've never used LR (need to start) but i just spotted that a free trial of the beta version of LR3 is available now to download. Can be used free until it expires on April 30 2010 when you then need to buy the full version

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom3/

Might of interest to some people....

2010 wow thats a good beta, I take that it will self-update as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Paulw wrote: »
    It also has a link to directly post to FlickR. (Maybe a chance for pix.ie to get added if they work with Adobe on it).

It's possible to create a plugin to upload to different sites. That's what the flickr one is. I'm sure the guys at pix.ie could create one without too much hassle. Adobe will probably release an SDK to aid this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

*grumble grumble* "Film grain simulation" *grumble grumble grumble*

That said, I think I'll download it. Maybe I'll get on better with this one than I have with previous releases. My originals are all 150 MB (or so) 16 bit TIFF files though. Both bridge and previous versions of lightroom tend not to like trawling through directorys full of them. I have to actually stop and restart bridge a few times when its getting the thumbnails over the course of one roll or it crashes and burns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

looks good...very good.

my lappy struggles a bit with it. whats it like with ver 3?

Surely only you can answer that question?:pac:

I'd assume it'll be about the same as ver 2 :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Surely only you can answer that question?:pac:

I'd assume it'll be about the same as ver 2 :)

i havent installed it yet, just wondering, wasa bit of a memory jump from 1 to 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

i havent installed it yet, just wondering, wasa bit of a memory jump from 1 to 2

I run Version 2 without a problem on an Xp netbook with 1gb ram with Xnview, filezilla and firefox also running and open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

* Film grain simulation tool for enhancing your images to look as gritty as you want

Oh boy oh boy oh boy

Holga tool for Lightroom 4? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Installing it as we speak :D This is awesome.

soccerc wrote: »
    I run Version 2 without a problem on an Xp netbook with 1gb ram with Xnview, filezilla and firefox also running and open.

jasus my library must be killing me. 3gb, duel core, 256 dedicated gfx lappy with win 7, its workable but not smooth, ver 1 was great, after that its just getting slower and slower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

Had to uninstall it, it would not import any images from a card without hanging.

It also kept just ignoring or undoing any changes I made with the adjustment brush when using the erase functionality.

I may wait till beta 2 comes out and try again.

Advertisement