Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drag hunting

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Wicked

i don't have any faith in the hai anyway, i won't go into detail but in summary it's due to their management of the hunting festival that i spoke about before.

the hunt use to cross our land aswell but they never put back up fences and didn't stay on headlands. fields were wrecked after it so we had to stop it unfortunately. i've only been hunting once and when i went out everyone seemed very good and did as they were told. i think your always going to get one or two who don't.

nine weeks until stephen's day hunting again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 littleirish0049

I go hunting quite often about twice a month started about 3 years ago. I do love the hunting but its the socializing and jumping I love the most I have never ever seen a fox get caught (that might just mean our hunt is terrible) but I am really happy about that I really think it would turn me off hunting totally I sound like a total hypocrite don’t I but have never seen it so have really know idea what I think of it I find it strange that others on our hunt get so angry when they don’t catch anything and don’t get a chase so I’m thinking drag hunting is something I really would love to try does anyone know what hunt does drag hunting??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I go hunting quite often about twice a month started about 3 years ago. I do love the hunting but its the socializing and jumping I love the most I have never ever seen a fox get caught (that might just mean our hunt is terrible) but I am really happy about that I really think it would turn me off hunting totally I sound like a total hypocrite don’t I but have never seen it so have really know idea what I think of it I find it strange that others on our hunt get so angry when they don’t catch anything and don’t get a chase so I’m thinking drag hunting is something I really would love to try does anyone know what hunt does drag hunting??

If you go to the HAI website www.hai.ie you'll find a list of all the hunts in Ireland and whether they are foxhounds, stag hounds, or harriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

The majority of people in the bigger hunts are the same as yourself and nothing wrong with it.

Advertisement