Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Closest dart station to NCI?

• 22-10-2009 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

I've to attend a nightclass in NCI in the next 2 weeks. Since this is finished quite late (9) I want to get on the dart as soon as possible after it finishes, as I dont want to just miss one and have to wait 25 minutes or whatever for the next one.

Connolly, Tara St, Pearse and Grand Canal all look really close... which one would be the closest? Bearing in mind the long walk from the door of Connolly to the actual platform!
    I'm leaning towards Grand Canal but dont know how to get there from the door of NCI and dont want to be wandering aimlessly around the back streets!

I'll be going Southbound if that makes any difference...

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Connolly Station or Pearse but Connolly is just on the edge of the IFSC so is the easiest.Pearse is across the river and takes me about 10 minutes.
    Grand canal is miles away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭ChillyJilly

Thanks a million Moonbeam... i think i might go for Pearse so... if they are both much of a muchness away, at least it gives me the extra time it takes for the dart to get from connolly to pearse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭I_luv_2_ski!

Connolly is a 5min walk...pearse is a good 15 to twent and tara is about 10!!! connolly is deffently nearest even when you add in the time to get to your platform...believe me i get a train everyday in to NCI! and also...the luas will be starting next week so that can bring you straight from connolly to the door of NCI (its the NCI stop) if your feeling particulary lazy or the weather is bad!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭xIsabelx

I tried walking from Grand Canal Dock before, it really isn't a good idea :p

Advertisement