Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To pay the rent or wait until apartment is right ?

Options
  • 22-10-2009 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭

I have been in an apartment for the last 8 months , on the second contract now

When we moved in the heating system wasnt working right - in so far as when you turn on hot water you get hot raditors eventually they fixed that by disabling the radiators and now the other problem of ensuite shower not heating is still outstanding. The plumbers also set the heating wrong and the bill was 236 for 2 months they are refusing to give any refund even though they were in the wrong - We cannot use the ensuite for showers have to use electrical one in main bathroom

After 8 months we still dont have hot water or functioning heating and the laminate floor is warping where the dishwasher leaked with the previous tenants this was also promised to be fixed when we signed the original contract but since then they said they cant afford to fix the floor

I have sent over 50 email looking for the 2 problems to be fixed some are answered the plumbers come out ever now and again and tinker but never fix anything

Am I within my rights to withhold any further rent until we have proper hot water/heating and a non-warped floor - 8 months with out proper facilities is not accetable

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

you can not withhold rent.

you can move out and be entitled to your deposit back, however, as they have not held up their obligations as landlord.

Advertisement