Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom downloads

• 22-10-2009 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

I know that eircom are not yet charging for going over your download limit but I was wondering how much gb's are people downloading each month.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

115gigs so far this month.

Do any isp's have no download limit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

100+ gigabtyes a month

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

kenny11 wrote: »
    I know that eircom are not yet charging for going over your download limit but I was wondering how much gb's are people downloading each month.
    This is probably going to be my last month with eircom and I'm nearly at my cap. If I go over do you think they will charge me just out of spite??? or do they even charge at all for overdownloading, I've gone over before but max 5gb and they didn't charge... do they actually care about the limits?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I'd upgrade for the extra few euro to the 3MB package and have no cap/fair usage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

zoom! wrote: »
    This is probably going to be my last month with eircom and I'm nearly at my cap. If I go over do you think they will charge me just out of spite??? or do they even charge at all for overdownloading, I've gone over before but max 5gb and they didn't charge... do they actually care about the limits?

They have the right to charge you if they want but i've never heard of a customer being charged. Ever.

• Advertisement

Webmonkey wrote: »
    I'd upgrade for the extra few euro to the 3MB package and have no cap/fair usage.

There's a cap on all their packages isnt there?

Im on the 7MB package and it has a 50gig limit apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

mdwexford wrote: »
    There's a cap on all their packages isnt there?

Im on the 7MB package and it has a 50gig limit apparently.

and do you get charged if you go over this limit?

According to posts on here no, last month was my first month and i downloaded 75gigs in about 3 weeks and didnt get charged extra anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 brian kay

since i got my rapid share account over a year ago i have gone over the eircom 50g cap every month and October it hit 100g so no they do not charge for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭p2p2p

Webmonkey wrote: »

The 3Mb package has a 30GB download limit.

I've never been charged for going over and I've hit 40GB in a month.
    I think it would be very silly of them to enforce it as I'd move the next day to a faster cheaper package.

To be honest 30GB in this day and age is a joke and they know it.
    With youtube etc it wouldn't be hard to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

You're right there actually sorry. But yeah they don't charge if go over.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭p2p2p

When Eircom get taken over by the Korean group we might get better service/prices/download speeds.

As long as they don't get the usual deal where the staff get a chunk of equity and from that point onwards the company is doomed. Happened to eircom, happened to aer lingus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

p2p2p wrote: »
    When Eircom get taken over by the Korean group we might get better service/prices/download speeds.
    Yeah just like we got unlocked phones from Carphonewarehouse and great prices from argo...oh wait, no.

Advertisement