Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halve Dole for Under 24s

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

why should the rich self employed well off get med cards,its dumb

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Ok, I am not ageist ok, but my MIL is going around saying that Childrens Allowance should be cut because it a disgrace the money parents get per child (€166/m). Heres the thing though, she is getting a pension, but she has never worked a day in her life! I am not joking. She married a very hard working man that kept her well accustomed to going to the Gresham in Dublin and when her son (my OH) was a baby he had a £1,600 pram and a £1,000 cot, and that was in the 80's. So she has no right to try and tell others that they're benefits should be cut and then give out that hers are on the chopping block too because she feels she earned them. How do you earn anything for doing nothing.

I was recently forced to have to go on the Job Seekers Allowance but as soon as I find anything that pays me enough to also send my son to creche as well as keep us going, I'm there. I am not picky I will take a chipper job, a bar job, even Maccy D's.But I am getting reels of abuse for having a baby and not having a job at the moment. I am sorry but job losses are a side effect of any downturn, and what money I get, I use, I can only save at most €5 a week and I do not smoke or drink, and I definately do not have any luxuries, my luxury is brand name tea!

It really annoys me when people talk about cutting one groups social welfare but defending their own. And yes I am well aware there are very lazy people who pop out kids for benefits and do not want to work, but I am not like that! I think there should be policing method for that! I would gladly take a job inspecting welfare fraud!!!!!smile.gifsmile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭_Kooli_

cleveroli wrote: »
    But its ok to pick on mothers and kids with the childrens allowence, and on people in their 20's by halving their payments???? you need to get your priorities right!!! those kids and 20 somethings will hopefully get jobs that will pay towards YOUR pension....unless your already getting it?:rolleyes:

MEANS TEST.
    If they dont need it they shouldnt have it.
    Childrens allowance and dole to people who havent contributed much are handouts.

Pensions and dole to those who have paid enough prsi to cover their dole are earned.

Firstly, I dont steal from anyone :mad:- interesting though that youd rather take money from a child!! Secondly Im not a liar :mad:- I wish to god it wasnt true - yes they get childrens allowence but the mortgages on the two houses are 1800 a month so you do the maths - ALL HE GETS IS 204 AMONTH NO MEDICAL CARD OR ANYTHING ELSE - as you seem to have a lot of time on your hands check it out and then you can apologise (id also like to point out he worked for 22 years and his wife for 14 so they have paid their fair share of tax)- He bought the house in 2007 which was the top of the market -dont know what planet your living on but heres a newsflash - the housing market has collasped, his house is now worth 50,000 LESS than he paid for it and on top of that there are at least 2 housing estates in the area of NEW houses which have had their prices slashed what do you think buyers would choose - 2 bedroomed wreck or 3/4 bedroom new house???:rolleyes: They bought the house for their use NOT as an investment and at the time never thought hed lose a job he had for 22yrs! do you not think that he hasnt gone through all the options? Next time do your research before you accuse someone of lying - you have no bloody idea of what he and his family are going through and you obviously have no idea of what the social welfare dept is like - he'd have been better off drinking and smoking his wages instead of trying to better himself then he'd have the full rate and god knows what else handed to him.

So you got caught out leaving out the childrens allowance. A lie of omission is still a lie. What else were you leaving out?
    Of course, he can sell the house. He just has to sell it at a price that will sell it.

They have TWO houses and €1500 a month (TAX FREE). So if he sells one of the houses, presumably he will have some debts from a bad investment choice (tough), but he can get more money from the state?

Or does he want to keep TWO houses and have the tax payer bail him out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 cleveroli

_Kooli_ wrote: »
    So you got caught out leaving out the childrens allowance. A lie of omission is still a lie. What else were you leaving out?
    Of course, he can sell the house. He just has to sell it at a price that will sell it.

They have TWO houses and €1500 a month (TAX FREE). So if he sells one of the houses, presumably he will have some debts from a bad investment choice (tough), but he can get more money from the state?

Or does he want to keep TWO houses and have the tax payer bail him out?

You seem to have a bit of a chip on your shoulder so I will go easy on you:rolleyes:
    I didnt mention the C.A. as that is given to you whether you work or not. Im telling you how he was treated having lost his job.
    He has PAID 22YEARS of TAX and his wife 14!!
    they are now SURVIVING on under 1500 a month AND HERES WHAT I OMMITTED -out of that comes food for 5/ electric bill/ school bills/phone/diesel (they live about 14km from nearest town - and all the other bills that a family of 5 have (they cancelled VHI and Sky )- PLUS 2 mortgages - at the moment my parents are helping them with the cottage one (they are both retired so can afford to - although he didnt want help from any of us and thats why hes going to the UK to try to get a job - which kind of makes your second statement obsolete - He doesnt want any one to bail him out - Hes not a developer or a banker - hes just an ordinary family man who finds himself in a terrible situation and now when he needs help he cant get it - despite having put into the pot for over 22years.

I HOPE IF YOU EVER FIND YOURSELF IN A SIMILIAR SITUATION YOU DONT MEET SOMEONE SPOUTING THE SH*TE YOU HAVE WRITTEN - and just to educate you a little - even if he gives the cottage away he still has to pay the mortgage - when you have 3 kids you cant just say TOUGH!:mad:

• Advertisement

wolfpawnat wrote: »

And yes I am well aware there are very lazy people who pop out kids for benefits and do not want to work, but I am not like that! I think there should be policing method for that! I would gladly take a job inspecting welfare fraud!!!!!smile.gifsmile.gif

Well said.

There is a fact though that everyone is starting to turn on one another instead of turning on the people that caused this mess - the government and their banking and building buddies - and while they are all being looked after its the ordinary people who are suffering like yourself and worse still being made feel like a scrounger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

- even if he gives the cottage away he still has to pay the mortgage -

Is the cottage in a picturesque location?
    If it was refurbished a bit, could it appeal to a foreign buyer (eg American) who's looking for a stereotypical Irish cottage?
    It's a liability for him right now that he needs to turn into an asset.

No one here is buying but your bro could look into advertising the property in overseas markets. If there was some kind of unique selling point to it, it would be even better. Or maybe he could try doing something like this (do a slightly better job in selling it than that site though!!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Ok, I am not ageist ok, but my MIL is going around saying that Childrens Allowance should be cut because it a disgrace the money parents get per child (€166/m). Heres the thing though, she is getting a pension, but she has never worked a day in her life! I am not joking. She married a very hard working man that kept her well accustomed to going to the Gresham in Dublin and when her son (my OH) was a baby he had a £1,600 pram and a £1,000 cot, and that was in the 80's. So she has no right to try and tell others that they're benefits should be cut and then give out that hers are on the chopping block too because she feels she earned them. How do you earn anything for doing nothing.

I was recently forced to have to go on the Job Seekers Allowance but as soon as I find anything that pays me enough to also send my son to creche as well as keep us going, I'm there. I am not picky I will take a chipper job, a bar job, even Maccy D's.But I am getting reels of abuse for having a baby and not having a job at the moment. I am sorry but job losses are a side effect of any downturn, and what money I get, I use, I can only save at most €5 a week and I do not smoke or drink, and I definately do not have any luxuries, my luxury is brand name tea!

It really annoys me when people talk about cutting one groups social welfare but defending their own. And yes I am well aware there are very lazy people who pop out kids for benefits and do not want to work, but I am not like that! I think there should be policing method for that! I would gladly take a job inspecting welfare fraud!!!!!smile.gifsmile.gif

the country is full of pensioners who never never paid a schillings tax in thier lives , we are far too sentimental in this country and have far too many sacred cows

how much does he get from his stamps - 204 euro!!!!!!!! Yes for 5 people - hes entitled to nothing for his wife and kids cos in 2007
    He has PAID 22YEARS of TAX and his wife 14!!
    they are now SURVIVING on under 1500 a month

Well your first post was a lie. No two ways about it. Please dont try top take us for fools.

And if he sold one or both of the houses, even at a loss he would not have to pay the same mortgages he is paying now. He would pay whatever is owed now LESS whatever he sells one of them for.

Im sorry but i cant feel sorry for someone with TWO houses who refuses sell one and is claiming at least €1500 a month in tax free benefits from the tax payer.

irish_bob wrote: »
    the country is full of pensioners who never never paid a schillings tax in thier lives , we are far too sentimental in this country and have far too many sacred cows
    If they didnt pay enough tax then they would be on the non-contributory pension, which is means tested.
    Nothing sacred about them. If there is any other income in the house, even another pension they wont get it, or will get very little.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭DanSolo

Never mind weekend/travel benefits, consider there are 3 or 4 thousand consultants doctors in Ireland getting €225,000 BASIC, making them among the highest paid on earth. That's close to 1 BILLION in salary JUST for consultants. And our placing in all the international health leagues would suggest we're getting pretty lousy value for money.
    Why was their association allowed to negotiate directly with the HSE when everyone else gets a like-it-or-lump it offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 hiwayman

Last year the OAP's were up in arms over the treat to their med cards, but a lot has changed since then.
    When My mother in law passed away a number of years age she left a very handsome estate which she accumulated through her pensions. My own elderly parents, both of whom receive the basic noncontributory, spend little of it. other then giving a 50 to their grand children whenever they see them, they save the rest to leave to us some day.
    I think they could easily manage a 10% cut

hiwayman wrote: »
    Last year the OAP's were up in arms over the treat to their med cards, but a lot has changed since then.
    When My mother in law passed away a number of years age she left a very handsome estate which she accumulated through her pensions. My own elderly parents, both of whom receive the basic noncontributory, spend little of it. other then giving a 50 to their grand children whenever they see them, they save the rest to leave to us some day.

thats all very well but most elderly people have middle ages kids who have one eye on thier parents inherritance , trust me , thats where much of the opposition last year came from , their were many heads in the crowd which were not grey

hiwayman wrote: »

I think everyone, from top to bottom, could manage a 10% cut. I just don't like the 'target the under 24s' method.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭BlueLepreachaun

Long Onion wrote: »
    No problem with it - there are jobs there for those who want them problem is that they are not attractive due to the rates paid by the welfare - give a real incentive to find work. I would be in favour of keeping the benefit higher for those who return to education though.

What utter bollox, the average industrial wage is €600 a week, how the hell can €200 a week be a disincentive to taking a job that will get you €600 a week or more.
    Anyone who thinks nearly half a million people are on the dole because they are just plain lazy, is simply being willfuly ignorant.
    The only people who enjoy sitting at home every week and dont' find social welfare a leech on their dignity are the usual suspects, and I gaurentee you they aren't surviving on the €200 they're geting supplemented by selling coke to the same bankers and IBEC tosspots calling for welfare cuts. sniff sniff

Cutting the dole for people under 24 was a moronic idea, what if your living on your own? or your married very young and have a morgage to pay? who could survive on €100 a week! No wonder the SVP is overloaded, they're picking up the slack of the social welfare system!

Cutting it in half for people still living at home, yeh that would have made perfect sense since nobody living with their parents needs €200 a week, but this is crazy.

why should the rich self employed well off get med cards,its dumb
    Universal systems are far more effecent than selective (Means tested) systems, you may ask "why should the rich get free medical care", well its not free, they pay higher taxes for it (or they're meant to...) and with a universal sytem nobody is left out.
    Contrast that to the means tested medical card system where a single person living alone has to be making less than €184 a week to qualify, that leaves out hoardes of people who can't afford medical care but still need it, with means tests the threashold is alwyas always set way too low to "target" the poor people as its meant to do in theory.
    Means tested systems are also very personally intrustive, confusing and full of red tape and unnesicary admin costs.

Remember also that there is a diffrence between what the govt are trying to do (desperatly save money to cover for their mismanagement) and actual reforms.
    Good reform suggestions wont' nessicarily save money.

Ideally I'd like to abolish social welfare entirely and go to a unviersal basic income system or a negative income tax, it would be far better for so many reasons, but that won't happen, our govt lacks any imagination, I can't remember the last bold policy choice they made.

Here are my four humble suggestions for reforming the Social Welfare system:

• Stop paying people to do nothing, get people on the dole to work part time hours in areas matched to their skills, if they were in construction industry send to to public works projects (like our grossly overdue metro...) if they were in admin jobs send them to work in the public service in the areas (yes they exist not all of the public service is overstaffed) where there are not enough staff, or send them for work experience in some other public sector job if they've no experience in something they want to move into. Of course for obvious reasons I'd not put people to work this way in the private sector (your giving them free employees and incentivising them to sack their existing ones and just hire welfare claiments)
    • Abolish FAS, its a disaster and it needs to go, retain the aprentichip parts of it which are the only good parts by all accounts and rename them something else. Take the billioneuro we waste on it every year and turn it into an adult education voucher system to send people to night courses to get REAL qualifications they can actually use, in ITs and Universities.
    • 60% of males and 40% of females on the dole, tho this figure with the recession may be out of date, have only a junior cert level qualification, make it a requirement to upgrade to leaving cert level (applied or academic, whichever) within two years or loose all payments. After that, your required to get some technical or academic qualification that makes you a viable jobseeker in todays world, or again, risk loosing payment.
    • Abolish corporate welfare, bring in new antitrust laws, if your business is too big to fail, then it's too big to exist. No more bailouts.

Saving money is a diffrent matter though, and endless cuts wont' do anything but feed a deflation spiral.
    We need a stimulas package, every other sane govt (USA, China, Germany*, France*) has one, while Ireland just panics into an endless spiral of cuts.

*both of which are emerging slowly from recessions because of those packages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

good points blue,but i have heard stories of rich farmers etc getting the med cards,as for the education thing,well,its really shameful those who want go to college and who even struggle to find work to pay for college mightnt be entilted to a grant because their parents are honest ejit taxpayers*i might aswell put it that way when you see kids of the loaded selfemployed getting the grants*,so you might aswell give up your job and go on the dole so you can qualify for the back to education allowance*and i admire anyone who does it that way,the grant system punishes you for making an honest living..

What utter bollox, the average industrial wage is €600 a week, how the hell can €200 a week be a disincentive to taking a job that will get you €600 a week or more.
    Anyone who thinks nearly half a million people are on the dole because they are just plain lazy, is simply being willfuly ignorant.
    The only people who enjoy sitting at home every week and dont' find social welfare a leech on their dignity are the usual suspects, and I gaurentee you they aren't surviving on the €200 they're geting supplemented by selling coke to the same bankers and IBEC tosspots calling for welfare cuts. sniff sniff

Cutting the dole for people under 24 was a moronic idea, what if your living on your own? or your married very young and have a morgage to pay? who could survive on €100 a week! No wonder the SVP is overloaded, they're picking up the slack of the social welfare system!

Cutting it in half for people still living at home, yeh that would have made perfect sense since nobody living with their parents needs €200 a week, but this is crazy.

Universal systems are far more effecent than selective (Means tested) systems, you may ask "why should the rich get free medical care", well its not free, they pay higher taxes for it (or they're meant to...) and with a universal sytem nobody is left out.
    Contrast that to the means tested medical card system where a single person living alone has to be making less than €184 a week to qualify, that leaves out hoardes of people who can't afford medical care but still need it, with means tests the threashold is alwyas always set way too low to "target" the poor people as its meant to do in theory.
    Means tested systems are also very personally intrustive, confusing and full of red tape and unnesicary admin costs.

Remember also that there is a diffrence between what the govt are trying to do (desperatly save money to cover for their mismanagement) and actual reforms.
    Good reform suggestions wont' nessicarily save money.

Ideally I'd like to abolish social welfare entirely and go to a unviersal basic income system or a negative income tax, it would be far better for so many reasons, but that won't happen, our govt lacks any imagination, I can't remember the last bold policy choice they made.

Here are my four humble suggestions for reforming the Social Welfare system:

• Stop paying people to do nothing, get people on the dole to work part time hours in areas matched to their skills, if they were in construction industry send to to public works projects (like our grossly overdue metro...) if they were in admin jobs send them to work in the public service in the areas (yes they exist not all of the public service is overstaffed) where there are not enough staff, or send them for work experience in some other public sector job if they've no experience in something they want to move into. Of course for obvious reasons I'd not put people to work this way in the private sector (your giving them free employees and incentivising them to sack their existing ones and just hire welfare claiments)
    • Abolish FAS, its a disaster and it needs to go, retain the aprentichip parts of it which are the only good parts by all accounts and rename them something else. Take the billioneuro we waste on it every year and turn it into an adult education voucher system to send people to night courses to get REAL qualifications they can actually use, in ITs and Universities.
    • 60% of males and 40% of females on the dole, tho this figure with the recession may be out of date, have only a junior cert level qualification, make it a requirement to upgrade to leaving cert level (applied or academic, whichever) within two years or loose all payments. After that, your required to get some technical or academic qualification that makes you a viable jobseeker in todays world, or again, risk loosing payment.
    • Abolish corporate welfare, bring in new antitrust laws, if your business is too big to fail, then it's too big to exist. No more bailouts.

Saving money is a diffrent matter though, and endless cuts wont' do anything but feed a deflation spiral.
    We need a stimulas package, every other sane govt (USA, China, Germany*, France*) has one, while Ireland just panics into an endless spiral of cuts.

*both of which are emerging slowly from recessions because of those packages.

when you add on all the other unemployed benefits , the unemployed ( especially those with children ) come out with closer to double the rate of dole
    figures produced last week show someone on working on 35k per year is no better off than someone on the dole when they pay thier tax , rent , medical bills etc

• Registered Users Posts: 19,025 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Exactly, and the average industrial wage is just that, an average. Many people are not on the average industrial wage, but rather MINIMUM wage (except the public sector, nobody in the public sector is on minimum wage).

If you're on welfare there's a good chance your only likely way off is to take such a minimum wage job, not go directly onto the average industrial wage (which takes time to work up to, if you're lucky).

Less than 12% are on the minimm wage. Unemployment was tiny during the celtic tiger years despite the dole being nearly the same (€185) as it is today, if it was such a strong disincentive thousands would have dumped their miniumum wage jobs and went on it, that didn't happen, thus disproving the disincentive theory.

In addition, most people on the dole now are professionalls who have been earining 35-60,000 a year, no €200 a week with an extra 40 or so allowance for each kid is going to make up for that.

I don't know if all of you are naturally lazy, but I'm not, I like the dignity of being productive and having a job, and so do most people, which is why people chose jobs over the dole in the celtic tiger years, did you know in the 50s there was a protest in the city centre by middle aged men with the slogan "we want jobs not dole!!"? People are not naturally lazy, quite the opposate. Execpt for the usual suspects of course but they are a small number and have always been with us, tho as I said above I've my own ideas for dealing with them.

That comparason above only works if you assume people on welfare have all that money as disposable income to slosh around and don't ALSO have morgage etc, saving the occasional €55 by having a medical card doens't take away all your expenses, nor does everyone have children and the small extra allowance you get per child has to be you know...spent on the child...the rent suplement and heat supplements are just that...supplements, not full payments of heat etc in fact the fuel allowance is a joke, it's tiny, and they are in place because it's recognized that the dole alone is not enough to live on.
    except the public sector, nobody in the public sector is on minimum wage
    Many public sector jobs start around 20k a year which is not much higher than the minimum wage.

Less than 12% are on the minimm wage. Unemployment was tiny during the celtic tiger years despite the dole being nearly the same (€185) as it is today, if it was such a strong disincentive thousands would have dumped their miniumum wage jobs and went on it, that didn't happen, thus disproving the disincentive theory.

In addition, most people on the dole now are professionalls who have been earining 35-60,000 a year, no €200 a week with an extra 40 or so allowance for each kid is going to make up for that.

I don't know if all of you are naturally lazy, but I'm not, I like the dignity of being productive and having a job, and so do most people, which is why people chose jobs over the dole in the celtic tiger years, did you know in the 50s there was a protest in the city centre by middle aged men with the slogan "we want jobs not dole!!"? People are not naturally lazy, quite the opposate. Execpt for the usual suspects of course but they are a small number and have always been with us, tho as I said above I've my own ideas for dealing with them.

That comparason above only works if you assume people on welfare have all that money as disposable income to slosh around and don't ALSO have morgage etc, saving the occasional €55 by having a medical card doens't take away all your expenses, nor does everyone have children and the small extra allowance you get per child has to be you know...spent on the child...the rent suplement and heat supplements are just that...supplements, not full payments of heat etc in fact the fuel allowance is a joke, it's tiny, and they are in place because it's recognized that the dole alone is not enough to live on.

Many public sector jobs start around 20k a year which is not much higher than the minimum wage.

other than clerical officers , i cant think of any

nurses start on 31 k
    guards around the same
    teachers ( full time not temp ) start on 36 k

• Advertisement

Peanut wrote: »

No one here is buying but your bro could look into advertising the property in overseas markets. If there was some kind of unique selling point to it, it would be even better. Or maybe he could try doing something like this (do a slightly better job in selling it than that site though!!).

The biggest problem is that it needs a lot of work - which when he had a job was fine as they could use their money to do it up - now that option is gone so there is plan A sell at a loss (if they can sell) planB hand back to bank both of these still leave them with the problem of paying back money owed - Plan C try to hang on and see if the market improves - this is what my parents want them to do and why they are helping them out, but my brother is ashamed that he has to get help even though he was always very good to all his family when he had a job and would give you his last penny - tell you the truth we are worried about him -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Dubya89

Anyone know how likely this is to be passed at the moment?

Surely the backlash would be huge if it was.

They already made the grinch like move of eliminating the christmas bonus and there was no backlash.
    Irish people are nice and dosile, we roll over and take whatever our masters give.

other than clerical officers , i cant think of any

nurses start on 31 k

Student Nurse I: €19, 113
    Student Nurse III:
    €22, 901
    [FONT=Verdana,arial,geneva,san-serif][FONT=Verdana,arial,geneva,san-serif]Post Registered Student Nurse: [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,arial,geneva,san-serif][FONT=Verdana,arial,geneva,san-serif]€20,674 - 21,907[/FONT][/FONT]

Staff Nurse (including.... Registered Midwife, Registered Sick Children's Nurse, Registered Mental Handicap Nurse) (depending on the grades, you start at the bottom and move up):

• €28,878
    guards around the same
    I want someone who could take a bullet to keep my community safe paid more than €31,000 a year...
    teachers ( full time not temp ) start on 36 k
    €32,599

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Dubya89

That's different. Christmas bonus is a one week job, not going to effect anyone long term.

This move will potentially destroy many young adults in this country. There's already anti-social behaviour from some before this. Plus six months ago in the post office in Dalkey there was big graffiti saying 'NO MONEY FOR FOREIGNERS'.

So I think it's fair to suggest this may not be taken as easy as some think.

Maybe all those one the dole could be shipped to Cork and Galway to clean up the mess from the floods.
    They are glad of their public servants in those places right now i can tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

The rich dont get anything free, they are the main job creators and tax payers! Im sick of hearing how they need to pay their fair share! They are paying far too much! I couldnt give a s**t about those who chose to have several kids and live off the state, or those who didnt avail of what this country offers which is a free education to all, and that includes university! Afaic if you screwed yourself over thats your problem, not ours! Anyone who has been on the dole for over a year, should see it halved! there needs to be a big overhaul with welfare, seriously reward those who work or are actually actively looking for work, for those that arent, they should be living on the bread line!

Idbatterim wrote: »
    The rich dont get anything free, they are the main job creators and tax payers! Im sick of hearing how they need to pay their fair share! They are paying far too much! I couldnt give a s**t about those who chose to have several kids and live off the state, or those who didnt avail of what this country offers which is a free education to all, and that includes university! Afaic if you screwed yourself over thats your problem, not ours! Anyone who has been on the dole for over a year, should see it halved! there needs to be a big overhaul with welfare, seriously reward those who work or are actually actively looking for work, for those that arent, they should be living on the bread line!

Well said. Its amazing how people, instead of doing something about their own situation, want others, who did make something of themselves, to bail them out all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

>The rich dont get anything free, they are the main job creators and tax payers! Im sick of hearing how they need to pay their fair share! They are paying far too much!<

bull**** i know guys with a huge income and apply for child benefits and they dont really need it
    they do apply for other things eighter because the law allows it to do so but its not fair so they have to make an end of that

>I couldnt give a s**t about those who chose to have several kids and live off the state, or those who didnt avail of what this country offers which is a free education to all, and that includes university! Afaic if you screwed yourself over thats your problem, not ours! <

I have two kids and had an income of almost 45.000 a year
    Never applied for anything because i could pay all of it by myself so i never screwed myself (or maybe i did because i never applied for any bennefits)

>Anyone who has been on the dole for over a year, should see it halved! there needs to be a big overhaul with welfare, seriously reward those who work or are actually actively looking for work, for those that arent, they should be living on the bread line<

Well im on the dole now for almost two years now and going around every week to find a job somewhere
    Have alreaddy worked for wages of 8 to 10 eu a hour
    Have to pay my mortage and other bills
    Its almost inposible to get a job here in the west
    last two years i have lost all of my savings have sw and child alowance and live under the bread line

I need my mobile phone to find work
    i need my internet connection to find a job
    cant pay my roadtax and insurance anymore but need my car to drive to the job where i have applied for
    I live in the middle of nowhere
    Want to move to the city but nobody wants to buy the house

So im sick of everyone who tells here that the flat rate of 204 eu has to be cut
    I give myself another two maybe three months and then im unable to find any job because im totally runn out of money to finance seeking jobs
    I almost never react on treads like those but start gettin sick of people with a well paid job who knows it all to fix the current problems
    Everyone knows who to blame of the problems in this country
    Thats the gouvernement The banks and the compagnies who moves out of the country to get their products cheaper produced elswhere
    Stop blaming the unemployed
    Only ones who are to be blamed are those who were unemployed in the boom years and those who still working with a sw bennefit
    i nail them all i prommise u

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

_Kooli_ wrote: »
    Maybe all those one the dole could be shipped to Cork and Galway to clean up the mess from the floods.
    They are glad of their public servants in those places right now i can tell you.

is not allowed
    i aked already for doing something like that but they see it as work
    if a unemployed is doing it someone else has to go on the dole
    thats what they think about it

if you going to do that and they find out you loosing your dole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

"bull**** i know guys with a huge income and apply for child benefits and they dont really need it
    they do apply for other things eighter because the law allows it to do so but its not fair so they have to make an end of that" Hang on a second! who really deserves the child benefits, the ones contributing to the system or the ones who dont?! In my opinion Id say he's the first person entitled to it! Also regarding not claiming whats entitled to you, I think its stupid not too! Its not so much the people as the system that there is a fault with! Regarding your situtation and it is unfortunate, I have said before that if you have been laid off depending on how much PRSI you have contributed, maybe the Gov should pay a percentage of your salary, for the first x amount of time and then reduce it, they do this in other countries and I think its a good system! How is it "fair" that you have worked hard for years to provide for yourself and your family, and now that you are laid off are only entitled to the same amount as Anto who has never worked a day in his life and is rearing his entire family off the back of the state .ie workers like us!

Advertisement