Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIRCOM PHONEWATCH ALARM

Options
  • 22-10-2009 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Does anyone know if this can be used as a stand alone alarm?

We have not renewed our contract with Eircom and have a second alarm which does the job. I have an electrician coming to disconnect the phone wiring from the alarm. My question is, could the Eircom one be taken out and put in another place? I have a cabin that I want to alarm so would be perfect there.

Anyone know? An alarm guy told me it couldn't and that he would take the unit 'off my hands'! :confused::confused::confused:

Any help much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭altor

Nimina wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this can be used as a stand alone alarm?

We have not renewed our contract with Eircom and have a second alarm which does the job. I have an electrician coming to disconnect the phone wiring from the alarm. My question is, could the Eircom one be taken out and put in another place? I have a cabin that I want to alarm so would be perfect there.

Anyone know? An alarm guy told me it couldn't and that he would take the unit 'off my hands'! :confused::confused::confused:

Any help much appreciated

Hi Nimina,

Yes it can but if you disconnect the phone line from the panel it will come up as a fault, you need to get the phone numbers removed from the alarm for it not to do this or else you could just leave it the way it is and if the alarm goes off it will ring eircom but it will be in standalone so they wont contact you..

What type alarm have you installed by eircom ?

Yes, any system can be taken out and reinstalled, if it is the wire free alarm it is even easier to do.

I would say he would take it out and reinstall in somewhere else for himself..

If you want any more info let me know..

One other thing i should of said. Depending on the system you have installed, they have a dialer built in that can ring your phone instead of eircoms..

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Nimina

Hi,

THANKS A MILLION ALTOR.

The guy who upgraded our other alarm system has taken it to 'have a look at it' so I am not sure what model it is. He is to bring it back (hopefully) and I will come back to you regarding the model etc. It was a wireless system so that's good news.

Will come back to you.

Thanks again
    Yvonne

Hi,

THANKS A MILLION ALTOR.

The guy who upgraded our other alarm system has taken it to 'have a look at it' so I am not sure what model it is. He is to bring it back (hopefully) and I will come back to you regarding the model etc. It was a wireless system so that's good news.

Will come back to you.

Thanks again
    Yvonne

If it is there simon alarm this can be defaulted back to factory settings and reprogrammed. Did he take all the sensors too ? I would get on to him to make sure you get it back..

Yeah, I rang him today and he said he'd give it back next week. :eek: Fingers crossed!

• Advertisement

Yeah, I rang him today and he said he'd give it back next week. :eek: Fingers crossed!

Thats good to hear Nimina because it would be a waste of a good panel that you can use again, what about your sensors ?

Yes, he has 2 out of 3 of them. :mad:

Yes, he has 2 out of 3 of them. :mad:

The wire free units cost over €85 each so i would be asking him to replace same with same if he has lost them...

Advertisement