Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Falafel Recipe!!

Options
  • 22-10-2009 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, I love falafel but they are expensive to buy and I can't ever seem to make them right, always too sticky even though I follow the recipe!!!

Any thought?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Don't cook the chick peas before hand, just soak them.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Mr Floyd

Have tried unsuccessfullly as well, used to buy lovely falafel at a market that had a nice crispy outside, couldnt get this when i tried, very frustrating, what am i doing wrong. Will try just soaking them, will it possible to blend them though??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭superficies

I have to admit that I cheat and use the falafel mix you can buy in the supermarket. Then cook in about 1 cm of oil on medium heat. I do make my own flat breads and hoummus thoug, so I don't feel the cheat-guilt on the falafel themselves!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Here you go, everything hoummus & falafel,

http://humus101.com/EN/2007/03/13/an-easy-falafel-recipe/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Thanks a million, will try them with gluten free bread and post back how I get on!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement