Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hunting Coat

Options
  • 22-10-2009 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭

i'm going to buy a hacking/hunting coat on ebay - there 11euro, figure i can't go wrong.

anyway, i'm normally a size 8/10 in clothes. what size would you suggest i get in a jacket? given i would need my back protector under it. would size 12 do or 14 be better?

Wicked

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Kens

Hi Wicked
    I just got a beautiful navy jacket (on ebay) - I usually take a size 12/14 in clothes so I ordered a size 16 jacket hoping my BP would fit underneath but unfortunately not a hope, the new jacket does seem to be a small fit as my size 14 jacket is bigger than my new size 16 ~ is there anywhere close to you that you could go to & try on various jackets to give you a better idea ?? as one brands 14 is another brands 16 :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Wicked

hey,

i dont' think there is much point in trying one on here cos this one is in the UK. i think i'll go with the size 14.. its only 11 euro and i think postage is 6.50 pounds so basically i'm gettinga jacket for 20 quid. can't really loose out there.

do you shop on ebay alot? i find it great for nhumnah's/jods etc

Go for the jacket (just the larger size) I love my new jacket worked out at €20 incl p&p I just wish my BP would go under it so I should have gone up another size

Yes i use ebay quite a bit :o ~ travel boots, horsey rugs, jods, stock shirt & numnahs I got a really nice sheepskin numnah a few weeks ago very dangerous it doesnt feel like real money :P

oh tell me about it you just click the button and you get new stuff!!! spend spend spend. so easy.

would you pm me the link to the sheepskin nhumnah. i'd love one of them but always found them very expensive

Yes but we have to do our bit for the economy :D

the sheepskins numnahs are deffo not cheap but they are really worth the money imo

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150379526041&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

• Advertisement

christmas wish list i think :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

There is some great finds on ebay as long as you have the patience. Personally I would wear the BP over the jacket so the line of the jacket is not spoiled and it will get some protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I'd never have thought of looking on ebay for horsey stuff (though, in fairness, I try avoid it as it could get addictive and I could end up broke!!;)) If it fits and is decent quality, that hunting jacket is really good value. I paid a lot more than that for mine at the RDS 3 years ago, but I really love it and it looks really well for both hunting and showing. And even though it's really well fitted, I can still fit my BP under it when necessary!
    There is some great finds on ebay as long as you have the patience. Personally I would wear the BP over the jacket so the line of the jacket is not spoiled and it will get some protection.

I think it depends what you're doing. Personally I think BPs over jackets look awful and untidy, especially when a different colour from the jacket, and especially if one is at a show. Personal choice, methinks!

oh your missing out man, ebay has loads of great stuff at even better prices. you can get brands on it and all.

just realised though that their is a postage strike in england so dunno when i'm going to get the jacket now.

Advertisement