Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lab pup spayed

Options
  • 22-10-2009 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi, i have an 8 month old lab pup that i need to get sprayed ( couldnt afford to keep pups!!) Anybody any idea on the cost???
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I think you mean spayed.

It can vary with different vets, id say anything from 100 upwards. It usually goes on the weight/size of the dog, but give your vet a ring and they will tell you how much it costs for definate.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭tesslab

cost me 175 to have mine done at 6 months. Also a lab. Most vets are quite vague on the price as it goes by weight (for anesthetic) Depends where ya are too. Vets in Dublin seem to charge more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I got quoted €120 but that was for a little yorkie and in mayo. was talking to a vet at the pet expo and they said usually an average of €150.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭pw01

i wasnt exceping prices like that, i thought 50 r 60 euro would do it!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭YOURFACE!

eeeemmm....... it cost me €300 to get Kula spayed 3 weeks ago. She's 8 months and is roughly 25kg's. Even though I wouldn't go to any other vet, I'm feeling slightly ripped off :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭merryhappy

Just to let you know you can get it done for a reduced rate if you are on social welfare;)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭tesslab

Ah sure it would cost a hell of a lot more if she popped out a load of pups! ;) If you're claiming Social Welfare you can go through the blue cross scheme for needy pet owners. They do it at a reduced rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Try the Animal Welfare Clinic in Charlemont St. or the Vet College UCD, both do it far cheaper than a regular vet practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

YOURFACE! wrote: »
    eeeemmm....... it cost me €300 to get Kula spayed 3 weeks ago. She's 8 months and is roughly 25kg's. Even though I wouldn't go to any other vet, I'm feeling slightly ripped off :(

:eek: That's the most expensive I have ever heard a spay to be!

OP - From my experience, labs (thinking 25/30ish kg) should cost between €150 and €200, depending on vet. Slightly cheaper for the boys :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I got a Lhasa Apso female done at just over 5months old (including microchipping) and I believe that was 185 ish.
    Anywhere from €80 + you'd be looking at, or as others said try the Blue Cross if you're on social welfare etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭B'witched

It will cost you 20 euro for any size dog if you have a medical card and go to a Vet who participates in the Dogs Trust neutering scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

not jsut a medical card, it covers certains type of social welfare cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭B'witched

Dogs Trust Neutering Scheme..... http://www.dogstrust.ie/neutering/

Eligible benefits
    • Jobseekers Allowance
    • Disability Allowance
    • Supplementary Welfare Allowance
    • Blind Pension
    • Carer’s Allowance
    • Old Age NON-CONTRIBUTORY Pension
    • Pre-Retirement Allowance
    • Widow/er’s NON CONTRIBUTORY Pension
    • Deserted Wife’s Allowance
    • Prisoner’s Wife Allowance
    • One Parent Family Payment
    • Orphan’s NON CONTRIBUTORY Pension
    • Farm Assistance

Sorry I was under the impression that if anyone was in receipt of one of these benefits they would have a medical card.

Advertisement