Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAMA

Options
  • 22-10-2009 12:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭

Just heard in the last hour on Newstalk that there is only 20 people at the NAMA debate in the Dail. Just goes to show what Interest there is on the opposite side of the house to get things up and running again in this county. Time for that crowd to start putting up or shut up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Just heard in the last hour on Newstalk that there is only 20 people at the NAMA debate in the Dail. Just goes to show what Interest there is on the opposite side of the house to get things up and running again in this county. Time for that crowd to start putting up or shut up.

well mr fianna failure mouthpiece maybe they wonder what is the point, since your party are just going to implement it anyway that suits your alterior motives, now that your party have bought off fianna failure lite by offering them a few trinkets.

Sure it is all the opposition's fault for not coming up with ideas or better still rubber stamping your pathetic attempts at solving the problems that your party created in the first place. :rolleyes:

Listening to the sh**e coming out from ffers it sounds as if ff are busting their balls, working day and night at their own expense mind, to drag us ungrateful Irish out of mess that the ordinary people created or that was created by some mythical people elsewhere.

Remember clowens remarks about how the party should expect no gratitude for all the hard work and effort they were putting in :rolleyes:

FFS ffers really have some fecking brass neck. :mad:

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭jonsnow

Time for that crowd to start putting up or shut up.
    Time for that crowd to put your crowd out of power is what I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

jmayo wrote: »
    well mr fianna failure mouthpiece maybe they wonder what is the point, since your party are just going to implement it anyway that suits your alterior motives, now that your party have bought off fianna failure lite by offering them a few trinkets.

Sure it is all the opposition's fault for not coming up with ideas or better still rubber stamping your pathetic attempts at solving the problems that your party created in the first place. :rolleyes:

Listening to the sh**e coming out from ffers it sounds as if ff are busting their balls, working day and night at their own expense mind, to drag us ungrateful Irish out of mess that the ordinary people created or that was created by some mythical people elsewhere.

Remember clowens remarks about how the party should expect no gratitude for all the hard work and effort they were putting in :rolleyes:

FFS ffers really have some fecking brass neck. :mad:

What about the Blue shirt that was all for NAMA till he got elected to the Dail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

Hi Mr Fianna Failure. Tell me how many Failures were at this debate, your lot couldn't be bothered about it either it seems. This mess had nothing to do with what passes for the opposition. The Failures are in power for twelve years, and what have they done, they have screwed the country over for a generation at least.

What about the Blue shirt that was all for NAMA till he got elected to the Dail.

I assume you are trying to infer Geroge Lee with this typical ffer bullsh** description of members of FG ?

And if it is him you are talking about, I don't recall him ever being for what you term NAMA.
    FG's Richard Bruton and the likes of Lee had been talking about a bad bank scheme as done by the likes of Sweden.
    But your party of gimps decided to take it a few steps more where the government, sorry the TAXPAYER would actually pay more than the current market value of the securties on those debts, basing it on some theoretically future where we had another property bubble.
    Hell you even propogate the myth that we will make a profit.
    Funny how a numebr of high court and supreme court judges laughed at that line of argument when faced with it in court.

Also the developers would have moratorium on repayments for a few years and hell to cap it all they could actually be paid to finish the unwanted projects. :rolleyes:

I am beginning to understand how come cullen, mr e-voting himself, gets re-elected. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Thats a pity especially after the big deal they made last week, about holding the debate where there would be enough room for evryone who wanted to attend. In particular richard burton everyone from my party will want to attend. Evidently not dick.

And any time about now I expect to see a few more supporters add their comment, since ffers believe they have something to crow about.

As I said why bother having a dabte when it is all done and dusted once the greens rolled over. How many pieces of sliver was that they sold out for ?

NAMA is in, with all the little extras that will give that oft spoken about cushioned landing in the property market.
    Except it is only a cushioned landing for the few, the rest of us actually are the ones providing the cushion. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

With all due respect to the one or two posters who half made an effort (incidentally, if you think you're one of them, you probably aren't), what is this - the stupid penis waving thread?

As I close this (because honestly, we have to have a lower limit somewhere), it's worth pointing out that readings of and debates on even important bills where the government has a majority are often played out to a mostly empty Dáil Chamber, as anyone who watches the web stream or Oireachtas Report on more days than budget day will be well aware. TDs routinely turn up to the chamber when required to vote. And even then there are pairing arrangements that can sometimes allow them not to have to. That isn't a uniqueness of the NAMA bill - it's how the lower house in this country and the larger country to the east of us (as well as a large number of other countries) have long conducted their parliamentary affairs - attendance ruled largely by the division bell and the odds of large numbers of people watching.

Most of this thread is filled with silly puerile pseudo-insults and is being locked accordingly. There will be infractions next time some of you approach that road.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement