Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with new RAM

Options
  • 22-10-2009 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭

Hi

I recently installed new RAM in my GFs pc after reformatting it (I did this so as to have a fresh start). The pc seemed to be much quicker for a while and then crashed. It has crashed a few times. It was definitely quicker on start up. When I removed the old RAM (Thought there might be a conflict), it was still crashing. The old RAM works on it's own.

When I ordered the RAM I copied the specs off the old one so it would work in the pc so I don't know what's wrong.

Is the RAM corrupted? Should I send it back or is there a way I can get it to work?

Oh, and I ran memtest86. It did find an error with the new RAM although I can't remember what it said now.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

try run that memtest again and show us a log of your results, just to be sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I'll do that when I get home later. But I do remember that when it found the error it just froze and wouldn't boot to windows at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Here's a picture of the error. The pc just sort of hangs at this point so i couldn't take a screenshot. I took this with my digital camera.

20t49zm.jpg

Advertisement