Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

insulation for floors

Options
  • 22-10-2009 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

i have a 50 year old house and we literally had to insulate the whole place but the one area that is left is the floors some of the floors are wooden and some are concrete and when its cold its like stepping on ice its that bad i have to year my socks all the time,so im just wondering is dere any solution to this problem without having to rise the floor by more than 25 mm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Wrong section mate.

This is about computers and technology.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

did you try turning it off and on again?

damn my lack of expertise and anything woodwork related!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭stedeb

hi not sure if this will work
    you might have to lift the floorboards and use the solid kingspam stuff between the joist
    cut it exact or a little too big and force in to the slot
    you will need to do this for all area
    then again not sure if you will be blocking the air circulation that might rot the floorboards
    try ringing one of the insulating companies and ask what to reccomend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Digging up concrete floors is a dirty, dusty job - hardly worth the upheaval. Have you consided electric underfloor heating mats with tiled floors?
    Timber floating floorsboards on a conc slab is the same problem - hardy worth digging up the conc.

If its timber joist floor then insulating between the joists of timber floors is possible but you'll need new floorboards. Ensure the external wall vents are clear to maintain air ventilation to the floor void.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Beldarin

carpet and a good underlay would be imo, the simplest solution

• Advertisement
Advertisement