Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carton Park Maynooth

Options
  • 22-10-2009 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the 'NEXT' opening in November is ONLY Home and Kids - according to the signs on the windows. Seems such a waste if it is. When the hell is Heatons opening, the signs have been up for months:rolleyes:

Anyone got any info on other shops opening soon, will Penneys EVER open:)

~livEwirE~

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Heatons is opening today according to the signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Cool thanks for that mate, didn't know cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

really hope its not just home and kids.them units look massive, surely enough room for mens and womens too.isnt new look and river island meant to open or that just a rumour?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Is Next really opening in Maynooth? I thought this was just a (wishful thinking) rumour?

the signs are up saying opening soon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I took it to mean incl Home and Kids.

I love next for kids and home but it is so expensive here compared to the North that is is disappointing:(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Does anyone have a phone number for Next Kids there? I have a few online orders that I need to collect, and would like to phone ahead to make sure they're in.

Cheers,

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Fragglefur

it's 01 6289694

Anyone got updates on more stores opening in Carton Park before Christmas 2010? Seems such a shame that we never got a Penny's, my OH would have loved that :(

So would I:) was there rumours of one?
    Anyone know what the other shops are supposed to be?

• Advertisement

Yeah, Penny's was due to open in 2009 on the actual site of the old Tesco's which would've been massive! Still nothing there though :(

Penneys are about the only retailer who are mopping up these days- so I wouldn't discount them turning up at some stage (if you'll excuse the pun).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

I heard Boots is opening up there, can anyone confirm this
    Id love a boots there

Boots and Pennys then all I would need is a big mega baby superstore and I would be sorted!
    and a cinema which by the looks of it isn't gonig to come for another 10 years then I would never have to leave the town:)

Yeah, the cinema would be great, won't hold my breath though:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Considering that a cinema was turned down at the M4 interchange park on the Celbridge Road don't hold your breath. That was on a site that was earmarked for a cinema. The cinema developer is now seeking judicial review of the rejection.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 flux27

I was up there the other day and Boots is set to open in one of the units according to the signs on the door :)

Cool, didn't know that flux27, I think there is already a pharmacy beside Tesco so I wonder what impact it would have on it if Boots did open? Did the signs have a date by any chance?

I would love a boots:)
    I don't think it would affect the pharmacy that is there much.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I would love a boots:)
    I don't think it would affect the pharmacy that is there much.

The proposal was that the Boots was not to have a dispensing pharmacy- which would keep everyone happy. Its similar to Boots in Dundrum- you can't get prescriptions from them. They also wouldn't sell larger packs of Panadol etc.

• Advertisement

The signs are up outside the shop for the new boots so it's official :D

flux27 wrote: »
    The signs are up outside the shop for the new boots so it's official :D

The guys in Tesco were talking about it- apparently its only 2 weeks away from opening? :)

In time for christmas:)
    Somewhere else for me to spend money!
    I think it is more of a risk to Tesco then any where else,there is some stuff I would buy in boots that I get in Tesco as there is no boots nearby...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Yaaaaay seen the signs up today Boots is opening :D

Brilliant news guys, now hopefully it will be a proper sized Boots store, unlike the crappy little Next that went in there which is just selling kids and homeware:rolleyes:

Roll on PENNEYS!!!

The boots signs up also say pharmacy on them too so that small one beside tesco could be in trouble!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Blonn_de

Boots is almost ready to open by the looks of things there at the weekend!! wish there was a penneys there :)

Boots opening up next Wednesday 17 November according to signs in the window :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

heard the ad in radio about boots opening on nov 17th

• Advertisement

Had a look around boots the other night, not bad I suppose, a decent size I think, nothing on the scale of Liffey Valley's boots though:rolleyes: Any other opinions?

Advertisement