Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carton Park Maynooth

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Went their on Wednesday,I was hoping for some really good opening special offers but there were none.
    Gorgeous christmas gift sets though:)
    It is a big enough store,has a pharmacy not much in the way of baby toys,don't think there were any baby clothes so not on par with Liffey Valley but better then no boots:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

We had a look through the window on Monday- I think the best way of describing it is a competent but unexciting branch...... Liffey Valley Boots has us spoilt :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cat91

i saw that there doing something to the building beside boots did anyone hear whats going in there?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 flux27

I heard there was going to be a pet shop but not sure .......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

also heard a pet store.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Dunnep

You would think Penneys would be all on for coming to Maynooth, what with the students and also the fact that there isn't a penneys in Liffey Valley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cat91

yeh pennys would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

Maxi Zoo or whatever they are called are going in there.

http://www.maxizoo.ie/home.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

ffs, another pet shop, just what the area needs:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Budgies won't be happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Macros42 wrote: »
    Budgies won't be happy with that.

Too right I'd imagine... wouldn't think there's that much room for multiple pet shops in a town

SQ2 wrote: »
    Too right I'd imagine... wouldn't think there's that much room for multiple pet shops in a town

A university town has a different demographic profile than any other random town- you'd be surprised at the capacity of a university town for laundrettes, pet shops, fast food joints etc....... That said- a Penny's would have suited a lot of people a whole lot better :(

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

smccarrick wrote: »
    A university town has a different demographic profile than any other random town- you'd be surprised at the capacity of a university town for laundrettes, pet shops, fast food joints etc....... That said- a Penny's would have suited a lot of people a whole lot better :(

Not too sure how many Maynooth students have a dog... most I knew could barely look after themselves!

dogs, not so much. Gold fish, hamsters and the occasional snake though....

SQ2 wrote: »
    Not too sure how many Maynooth students have a dog... most I knew could barely look after themselves!

True- hence the laundromattes and the fast food joints.......

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

My 2 year old would love another pet shop to drag me into and point out every animal and then ask can we bring them home please:)

I am still hoping for a Pennys and dreaming of a cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

WOW, now a cinema would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Dunnep

Does anyone know anything about the new housing development on the Dunboyne Road?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Dunnep wrote: »
    Does anyone know anything about the new housing development on the Dunboyne Road?

Other than the developer being either very brave or very stupid, no.

I'd be nearly certain the roof heights in Carton Park are far too small for a modern cinema.

MYOB wrote: »
    I'd be nearly certain the roof heights in Carton Park are far too small for a modern cinema.

im not sure, the Tesco is pretty high? are the others as high?

• Advertisement

folan wrote: »

28 feet high at the front, sloping downwards to the rear.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

folan wrote: »

The Tesco is rather different to the other units, particularly as its on stilts high enough to take high roofed vans if not lorries underneath.

As it stands, the occupied units in the new build section don't have a single contigous space large enough either, the tallest one appears to be the Heatons unit, then there is a small empty one, then Next, two more small empty ones and Boots

The largest empty space is the relatively low roofed old Tesco unit. If the roof was flat at the peak height it'd probably work, but its multiple pitches...

Tralee Omniplex is an example of a small sized modern multi-screen cinema: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=omniplex+tralee&aq=&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=14.149238,43.286133&ie=UTF8&hq=omniplex&hnear=Tralee,+County+Kerry,+Ireland&ll=52.263932,-9.707787&spn=0,0.010568&t=h&z=17&layer=c&cbll=52.263932,-9.707787&panoid=FO0K4-IpSVM4VaSwcJ2W7Q&cbp=12,211.41,,0,5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Dunnep wrote: »

Word has it the developer got into trouble. They were due to launch soon (weeks not months).

Whether or not that development is effected remains to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

MaxiZoo is open from today, the official grand opening will be Thursday with loads of bargains/offers between Thursday and Sunday (no offers before Thursday!).

They will not be selling any pets, but a whole range of pet food and accessories (although there will be some snake/spider/lizard guy this Sunday as part of the grand opening). No more trips to Blanch or Tallaght just to get some decent pet food. I reckon that'll be quite useful for pet owners from Maynooth, Leixlip, Celbridge, Kilcock, Dunboyne, Clane and everything in between. It's not like students are the only people living in Maynooth.

As for Budgies, they have always been expensive like hell, so while I never wish bad for anyone, I won't be crying to see the end of ripping off pet owners (including myself) in the area.

I have also heard rumours of cinema being planned for the old Tesco building. Not sure if there's any truth in that though.

Advertisement