Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canvas Frames/Stretching

• 22-10-2009 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

Hi All

A friend of mine wants one of my photos, which was taken near where she lives put onto a canvas for her. Now I am hoping to keep it as low as possible costwise while setill giving her a relatively decent print.

I have trawled through the forum and read up the various discussions on canvas (one thread was 15 pages long!) and come to the conclusion to order from updone.com.

On their website though it says that they only ship rolled canvas internationally now so I would have to get the canvas on a frame/stretched.

Anyone know if thats easy or where I would buy such a frame or am I creating a lot of hassle for myself?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭emul

Contact Steve at www.360-dpi.com, he regularly frequents this forum, he will do the whole lot for you and is Dublin based. Quality is top notch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Without talking away from the quality work that Steve does, have you checked out www.aldiphotos.ie. I haven't used them but on a budget they might be worth considering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

If your in Dublin you could buy the frame/stretchers from Evans. http://kmevans.com/

Or Cork Art supplies in Princess st. any of those places have really good staff who can help.

How to stretch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭djd80

Chorcai wrote: »
    If your in Dublin you could buy the frame/stretchers from Evans. http://kmevans.com/

Or Cork Art supplies in Princess st. any of those places have really good staff who can help.

How to stretch :)

Thanks for that, Cork art supplies are looking good, I'll be in town tomorrow and I reckon I could follow one of those videos alright...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

why dont you give this place a call...i've got plenty of work done by them...really excellent quality.

http://www.photolabs.ie/Default.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

i have stretched canvases from updone for people here

i found it hard to work with, but you know it works

only big prob with it, it flakes very easy so if you have large quite solid bits of colour when streching you can take off the ink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭Fireman

stcstc wrote: »
    i have stretched canvases from updone for people here

i found it hard to work with, but you know it works

only big prob with it, it flakes very easy so if you have large quite solid bits of colour when streching you can take off the ink

I had 4 canvas done in updone in the past, I recently uploaded my print to be put on a canvas and after a week they told me they no longer send completed canvas to Ireland so I need one fast, I contacted Steve (Very late at night) and he had the canvas at my door in three days as I needed it for a customer in a hurry because of the delay with updone. When I compared the two canvas Steve's and Updone, I would never again get one done by Updone as Steve's canvas is top class, brilliant white and good solid frame very neat on the corners, You pay for the quality, maybe he might give a reduction for photographers!!! thought I might get this in

Advertisement