Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photographer looking for people with tattoos

• 22-10-2009 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

Hello All,

I'm in the final year of a degree course in Photographic Media. My final end of year project is something I will begin working on soon. I've decided to do a fine art piece on tattoos, as I am tattood myself and find tattoos extremely interesting. The piece will be made up of many people with different tattoos. I would especially like to include people of different ethnicities and races. The concept is why people get tattoos and how both genders approach it differently. I'm just posting here to see if there would be any volunteers? I won't begin shooting just yet but I would like to gage how hard it will be to get enough models.

Many thanks for reading.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Thread came up on this before, Quite a few volunteers for it. Chances are a few will volunteer if you introduce yerself a bit more. Me I'm easy, any excuse to be photographed with my top off :)

Also where and roughly when you'll need people for would help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭joey100

Yeah id be up for something like this, new on here too so could be good way to meet people off the site. Keep us informed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Hmmm, I could be tempted once my leg tat is done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I mightn't be the most photogenic, but I'd be up for helping out. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I mightn't be the most photogenic, but I'd be up for helping out. :)
    Damo's avatar is a real pic!!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

sure i dont mind helping :) have shoulderblades and forearms done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

myself and my brother have quite a few tattoos and are half iraqi if that helps with the ethnicity thing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Im happy to lend a hand if you need people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

il do it:)getting my side piece tomorrow so il be even more tattoed up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

yeah im up for it too if you need anyone else! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 shocko2009

put me down aswell!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Peggypeg

Wow guys, what an excellent response!! Thanks for volunteering! I'm visualising it at the moment as several different images laid out to create the back and front of a person, one for male, one for female so 4 pieces altogether, each of the pieces would be made up of say 8 - 10 images (tattoos). I would be taking photos of the tattoo, as in close up so I wouldn't be photographing faces, say you have a deadly calf tattoo; I'd be photographing from the foot to knee, so there's no need to worry about hair etc. It's still in the planning process so it would be a while before I start shooting, most likely it will be in the new year. I'll most likely be shooting it in Griffith College on the South circular, that is unless Santa brings me my own studio lighting which I very much doubt!

tfak85: I would be very interested in getting you into the studio.

p.s. if anyone knows anyone that has tattoos and is non-irish ethinicity I would be very much obliged if you would mention the idea to them also. I would love to have many different skin colours/hues in the images.

p.s.s. I will revisit this thread again when I'm closer to shooting and pm people to see about making arrangments, in the meanwhile please just post a response expressing your willingness to be in a tattoo art piece and I'll contact you sooner to shooting time.

Again guys thanks for all the responses!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

woohoo!!!
    if you want me to email you over some pictures just pm with your address!

Actually tfak85 that is a brilliant idea. It would help me plan the lay out of the pieces. Actually it would be brilliant if everyone could do that. If you send pics of your tattoos, with your name and contact details that would make organising this alot easier. I have a spare email address that I could use for this, so yeah if you have any pics please send them to <SNIP>. Don't worry if you don't have any, just post your interest on this thread and I'll contact you down the line.

<Mod>
    If you want to contact the user then PM them. Putting email addresses on thread is a bad idea.
    </Mod>

Hey guys,

My thanks to the boardsies I've met, they were lovely and I've more shoots lined up so thanks to everyone who pm'd me. I'm want to photograph as many as I can in the next few weeks, if I haven't photographed you yet pm me!!! And send other tattood people my way!! I'm going to be shooting at a tattoo convention in aid of the Saibhe Foundation, up in Donegal in two weeks so really looking forward to that. Thanks to everyone for their interest and time!

Peggypeg.

Advertisement