Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I know someone out there can do better.

• 22-10-2009 2:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

I took this yesterday during a brief lightening of the rain when the sun came out for 5 minutes.

4A8F5AC868594D3DBCCAE774F7BBF2AB-800.jpg

I have been playing with in CS2 (hey it's old but it's what I got) pretty much ever since. The best I could get out of it is this:

DA1DC549D83540DCBF60B72B11376656-800.jpg

I am hoping one of you might be able to do better.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

TBH, the first one looks better .

All I'd be inclined to give is adjust the levels to the edges and add a bit of contrast and if needed a small bit of the midtones. It doesn't need much imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I'd go for somewhere between the two. But I'd be leaning towars the second

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,404 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

would agree with covey, think the first one with a bit more contrast
    93811.jpg
    rainbow.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Agree with what ever happened to Covey,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

Here's my quick and dirty attempt at it...

4A8F5AC868594D3DBCCAE774F7BBF2AB.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I prefer the first one, but I personally can't stand images that look processed... it's like a woman who wears too much makeup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

I think the sky is good in your processed one; it brings out the double rainbow which I 'd guess is the subject of the picture? I think the foreground is overdone in terms of saturation though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

Nisio wrote: »
    I think the sky is good in your first one; it brings out the double rainbow which I 'd guess is the subject of the picture? I think the foreground is overdone in terms of saturation though

Yeah, in my hurry to get 'the shot', I forgot to change metering modes.*:o

*it was on matrix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

818A058F82A340DC8126A3A9C1782971.jpg

A few rounds of tone curve and desaturate (ie correct the over-saturation from contrast) in the GIMP.

democrates wrote: »
    818A058F82A340DC8126A3A9C1782971.jpg

A few rounds of tone curve and desaturate (ie correct the over-saturation from contrast) in the GIMP.

LOL love the muppet in the corner:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

That's zippy from an old kids program Rainbow, showin me age...

I downloaded the new Lightroom 3 Beta. Never used LR before so been trying what I could, came up with this.

884086D89C0D4749BC5B1F42F5A50BBF-1200.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

Am I the only one who thinks the first one was fine without loads of darkening and contrast and vignetting and pseudo-HDR?

Advertisement