Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sliding Wardrobe doors

Options
  • 22-10-2009 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

I'm looking for places that sell Sliding Wardrobe doors.
    I've already looked in B&Q and Panelling centre.

Looking to install myself so sliderobes ect are out.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sorryauldstock

I got some in woodies last year, they don't have a huge choice of styles,
    but the were reasonably priced and easy to install. they also sell shelving
    and hanging kits for fitting out the wardrobe, but it would be cheaper to but the material and build them yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

Have looked a bit more into this. I've got a 3 meter gap.
    Moh wants 3 doors so would need to be 1 meter+ each.

Homebase, woodies ect seem to be .935m at the longest.

Does anywhere apart from In House sell doors this length?
    Can you get them made up anywhere?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

you could easily put a vertical board at both sides of the wardrobe to pack out the gap left by the smaller doors.

you could get it the same coulr of the frame as to make it look like it was originally part of the wardrobe

Thanks, hadn't thought of that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I started a similar thread over in the woodcraft forum which might be of interest. I went with B&Q doors (only two though). I'd second Matron's point above. If you do go with B&Q you get free delivery if you spend over €500, otherwise a small delivery charge applies; I found the delivery service very useful.

• Advertisement

Nice Job!! How'd u find the track and doors from B&Q? Is there much wobble on the doors or is it fairly sturdy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I am pleased with the doors (at their discounted price); they are not flimsy. They are in fact made by "Stanley" (the tool company) and as far as I can remember so are the ones at Woodies. B&Q just rebrands them. The track is painted steel (I'd have preferred anodised aluminium), which is why I concealed the head track. The wheels have a ball bearing wheel race so I'd expect them to last. Once the doors are fitted, adjusted and locked in their tracks I'd have no worries about them. If buying from B&Q be sure you know exactly what you need and want, don't expect their staff to know their stuff! Also check your delivery in detail, mine was incorrect and a little short.

Advertisement