Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A dilemma I need help with/Discount shoes or handbags

• 22-10-2009 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I have bit of a problem and Im hoping someone here can help me. A couple of weeks ago I bought a pair of shoes from debenhams in Dublin, not sure if I liked them but deciding that I'd just buy them and return them if I didn't want them. I wore them around the house a bit and it turned out they were really uncomfortable so I decided to bring them back. Then, cleverly, I lost my receipt. Debenhams told me I could exchange them for something else without a receipt, but I cant get a credit note or anything. The thing is, they were 47 euro and I would much rather the money than some pair of shoes I dont need or want.

So what I thought was, if there is anyone here who would like a pair of shoes (or a handbag, i can exchange them for anything in the shoe/handbag section) I could just meet them in debenhams, go up to the till with them and exchange my unwanted shoes for the pair of shoes they want, and they give me the money for them. Id even accept less than I paid for the shoes, I just want to get something back at this stage! Whichever nice person agreed to this could give me 40 euro instead of 47, thereby saving themselves 7 euro!

So please, somebody consider this! I can come in and meet you in debenhams whatever day, whatever time! You save seven euro, i get some money back, everyone's a winner!

Advertisement