Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coleman

• 22-10-2009 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭

Just after lookin at skysports website and it says that seamus coleman who used to play for sligo rovers will start the match to-night. Great to see he has come on since his time for sligo rovers to get into the everton team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭bobbyg

DU.LLAHAN wrote: »
    Just after lookin at skysports website and it says that seamus coleman who used to play for sligo rovers will start the match to-night. Great to see he has come on since his time for sligo rovers to get into the everton team

He is the only right back available to Everton tonight! It is nice to see him get a run out and he does look a decent prospect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

bobbyg wrote: »
    He is the only right back available to Everton tonight! It is nice to see him get a run out and he does look a decent prospect.

Gosling is at right back, Coleman is at left back, Hibbert and Distin at Centre back. Everton missing 11 players for this. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

I missed the first minute or so, assumed he was playing RB
    RB getting a bit slaughtered everytime Benfica attack down that side

Then saw it was Gosling at RB, delighted:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Is Angel Di Maria playing for Benfica tonight?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

He is. Coleman is apparently getting skinned like a mink if you believe Eurosport.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

BBC were saying he made a fine start...

1810: A solid start for Everton debutant Seamus Coleman. He has coped well with everything thrown at him in a frenetic first 10 minutes and looks comfortable enough on the ball too.

though for the goal...

1818: First bit of action of the night for Benfica goalkeeper Julio Cesar, who comes running out to beat Marouane Fellaini to a hoisted cross and punch clear.

Oh dear, what was I saying? Angel Di Maria's deep cross from the left eludes Seamus Coleman at the far post and drops for Javier Saviola, who volleys down into the ground and sends the ball bouncing past Tim Howard and into the opposite corner of the net.

He is. Coleman is apparently getting skinned like a mink if you believe Eurosport.com

Id imagine they are confusing him with gosling!?

Gosling is getting skinned,giving way too much space to the left winger
    Colman isnt getting run at to be skinned, most of Benfica's attacks are going down goslings side

Badly(?) at fault for the goal, ball watching (could have been under orders to tuck in?, but still at fault)
    but then rest of back 4 also badly positioned for the goal
    and Gosling should have blocked the cross

*Saviola is some bloke to be marking on your debut at this level, espically out of position

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Everton being totally shown up here.

Everton being totally shown up here.

:eek:
    What happened there

I Missed the first 12 mins of second half and boom!

I think i will ghostbusters this one and close the stream:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

I thought this was a thread about the president of the Galway United Supporters Trust.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Awful way to make a debut. Poor lad.

Mr Maroon wrote: »
    I thought this was a thread about the president of the Galway United Supporters Trust.:(

Ya he is playing Left Back for Everton tonight
    You can really see he hasnt played for a good 10-15 years

Awful way to make a debut. Poor lad.

ya horrible game to start in , Benfica have a lovely "when they fancy it" front 4-5

In fairness to him he is still looking for the ball everytime it comes his side
    a lot of debutants would be looking to the sideline on a night like this

+Im pretty sure Sligo Rovers get a few bob for him playing tonight:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Mr Maroon wrote: »
    Hi Ronan :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

elshambo wrote: »

+Im pretty sure Sligo Rovers get a few bob for him playing tonight:)

Yup and Coleman will personally deliver it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Wexler12

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Yup and Coleman will personally deliver it :p
    We actuallty do

Advertisement