Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luttrellstown

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Burgerman55

Hobart wrote: »
    I'm not going to repeat them here, but looking at the current membership (about 80) it looks like most of the members have found another place to play.

let me repeat once again, all members received bigtime incentives to relocate to killeen castle about this time last year
    the plan has been in motion for some time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

let me repeat once again, all members received bigtime incentives to relocate to killeen castle about this time last year
    the plan has been in motion for some time
    I know that, I don't get your point though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

They should sell that massive clubhouse and use the money to install floodlights and become Irelands only floodlit golf course. As it would be the only place you could play on winter evenings the place would be placked. It would never happen, but would be nice to see! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Burgerman55

floodlights and golf dont work..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭d2ww

Those floodlights would just lighting up a hole in the ground where the greens where as they have being sold off. I understand that all the other equipment is for sale as well.
    As for :rolleyes:, wasn't directed at anyone in particular, so apologies if offence was taken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Maverick.ie

d2ww is correct, letters have gone to almost all courses in the country offering the sod from greens to sand out of bunkers to flags and cups for sale, as for the club losing money the club couldn't have been losing money they had nothing to run but competitions, as for the running costs of this course ownly the owners would have that figure I would think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

d2ww is correct, letters have gone to almost all courses in the country offering the sod from greens to sand out of bunkers to flags and cups for sale, as for the club losing money the club couldn't have been losing money they had nothing to run but competitions, as for the running costs of this course ownly the owners would have that figure I would think

I was talking to the pro out there a few months ago and he said it was costing 3,000 a day to stay open ! appartentley Westmanstown have bought some of the greens! Fantastic course !

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Maverick.ie

well if it is costing that to keep it open and break even at e35 per green fee they would need 86 per day 600 per week over 31,000 green fees per year, just to break even,,,,,,,,,,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

have they flogged off all the stuff in their pro-shop yet?
    I was in there a few weeks ago and there was some stuff worth picking up, but only if they knocked 25-30% off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Hip hip,horaay!! the kid is back,missed you there the last 3 months.......:D
    how long do you think you'll be here for this time conoo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭jimjo

dak wrote: »
    I was talking to the pro out there a few months ago and he said it was costing 3,000 a day to stay open ! appartentley Westmanstown have bought some of the greens! Fantastic course !

Not surprised, I worked at quite a decent course and the Head greenkeeper was spraying the greens, when i asked how much it cost to spray each green he came out with a huge figure considering you have 18 of them to spray!
    conno16 wrote: »
    have they flogged off all the stuff in their pro-shop yet?
    I was in there a few weeks ago and there was some stuff worth picking up, but only if they knocked 25-30% off

When I was out there in September, they didn't have much, seen a bit of expensive galvin green stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 billser

it is a sin if this course does close, i would say its in the same bracket as mount juliet, superb golf course, just a pity they didnt lower the prices a bit sooner to get the players in, it is certainly the best parkland course in the dublin area.
    anybody know what they are going to do with the land? cant see jp mcmanus leaving it sitting empty??

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

soundsham wrote: »
    Hip hip,horaay!! the kid is back,missed you there the last 3 months.......:D
    how long do you think you'll be here for this time conoo

LOL:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭jimjo

http://golfcoursesireland.blogspot.com/

Good piece there Kevin, might try and get out there this week sometime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Curly7

played there last Thursday for €25, granted the weather wasn't great but the course was in fantastic nick.

Such a shame it's closing, the clubhouse and facilities are second to none

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭thoscon

Curly7 wrote: »
    played there last Thursday for €25, granted the weather wasn't great but the course was in fantastic nick.

Such a shame it's closing, the clubhouse and facilities are second to none

played there sunday.couldnt believe how good nick is was considering all the rain weve had

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

This place is staying open for another year, and I expect longer... As I suspected. Sorry for sounding smug.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

Brockagh wrote: »
    This place is staying open for another year

Great news, looking forward to playing a game there after Christmas so. Where did you hear it's staying open that long?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

Brockagh wrote: »
    This place is staying open for another year, and I expect longer... As I suspected. Sorry for sounding smug.

Being more than 2 weeks late with news is no reason to be smug.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055755708&highlight=luttrellstown

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

Hi
    (hopefully the most recent thread to post this in)

just wondered if anyone here is a member in Luttrellstown? I've played it a fair few times as green fees - always like it - in great nick and great variety in the holes, and it's not too hilly (e.g. Stackstown).

Has it an active club scene? Going to try get out there as a green fee this wkend too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement