Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Terrestrial + Sky + Digital Terrestrial

• 22-10-2009 4:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

So my set up at the moment is the following:

1 * Irish terrestrial Arial, rte1, rt2, tv3, tg4
    1 * South coast community arial, bbc1, bbc2, itv, ch4
    1 * sky plus
    1 * regular sky

So the irish terrestrial, south coast are going into the sky plus in the living room, I've booster split the sky plus coax out at that's going to the living room, kitchen and upstairs

I've booster split the upstairs again to go into all bedrooms.

This works well

Problem is south coast is getting rid of the terrestrial service and rte 1 and net 2 are only coming in on VHF and also digital terrestrial is coming in.

I was wondering what people are doing to get their tv's set up (I cant get cable as it's out in the country side)

I was told I could get free to air satelite but that would involve recabling each room, we would also have to leave the second cable in place to we could watch sky in other rooms with red eye etc it would also mean we would need something else for rte1 etc as they are not on free to air. I.e. next year two boxes in each room one for free to air satelite, one for digital terrestrial and we'd also need the coax cable for sky

ideally it would be great to have them all coming into the living room and transmitting existing cable over the co ax as it is.

Any help and suggestions lads??

Advertisement