Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For Sale: Savigni road bike fixie conversion, flip-flop for singlespeed.

• 22-10-2009 4:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

This is a small road bike frame, I think its a 50 or 51cm, converted into a fixed gear bike. The rear wheel has a flip-flop hub with a freewheel sprocket installed, so you can run the bike as a singlespeed if you want (i.e. you dont have to keep pedalling all the time). Price is €325 (if you are interested in a break down of the price for the components I can give this to you).

I'll have the bike for sale at the "fixie fanatics" event in the Bernard Shaw pub this Saturday, October 24th, but if you think you are genuinely interested in buying the bike, get in touch as I'd prefer to sell it beforehand and not be in the pub with a load of money. I'm based in Dublin 15 if you want to come and have a look/test ride of the bike. I'll be in the Bernard Shaw on Saturday evening from around 6.30/7pm onwards.

Gearing is 44/16, which is a good gear for Dublin, not too hard for minor hills, but you are not spinning like crazy either.

Any questions feel free to ask.

93818.jpg

93819.jpg

93820.jpg

93821.jpg

93823.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jman0

Is this something you've converted yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

jman0 wrote: »
    Is this something you've converted yourself?

Yes, its about the eleventh or twelfth bike I've built now at this stage. If you go through my boards.ie postings you'll see some of the others in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

If you have not sold this at the Goldsprints, then I would like to have a look at it. Next week sometime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jman0

flickerx wrote: »
    Yes, its about the eleventh or twelfth bike I've built now at this stage. If you go through my boards.ie postings you'll see some of the others in there.
    Nice, and do you offer a service of doing conversions?
    Or advice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭it's mick

there's plenty of advice on

www.dublinfgss.com
    or
    www.londonfgss.com

just ask whatever you want and you should get any advice you need

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

Very Nice.

I would like to have a look at it too please.

Could you PM me with a time that suits you please?

Thanks a millun!

edit: I'll try and pop along to the Bernard Shaw if I get the chance today. If it's not sold there then we can arrange a viewing? Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

Bike was sold to someone I met at the goldsprints for €325.

There'll be another one ready soon, in about a month or so.

Advertisement