Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

no mprn number

• 22-10-2009 4:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

We want to apply for outside wall isulation but the problem is we dont have a e.s.b meter so no m.p.r.n number so we can t apply??
    How to fix this??
    its a old cottage in the middle of nowhere in mayo
    its to far from the grit use a generator and want to go for windenergy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Bhoypaul

Have you contacted the SEI for their opinion?

To obtain a BER Certificate you need an MPRN No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

will be to go a real expensive joke for us to get on the grit
    and never will be use it
    will be cheaper to do it without a grand
    will contact them if it is posible to do it without number

Please give an update on how you get on.

As you can't sell the house without a cert, SEI must have a way to issue a cert for houses that are not on the grid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Bhoypaul wrote: »
    Please give an update on how you get on.

As you can't sell the house without a cert, SEI must have a way to issue a cert for houses that are not on the grid

Maybe you shouldn't sell a house without a cert but you can sell a house without a cert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

What size it the cottage, if its smaller than 50m² then it dosnt require a BER cert, dosn't help you for the external insulation though!!!, is it derlict? External insulation is very very expensive, cheaper to dryline if you have the room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

No6 wrote: »
    What size it the cottage, if its smaller than 50m² then it dosnt require a BER cert, dosn't help you for the external insulation though!!!, is it derlict? External insulation is very very expensive, cheaper to dryline if you have the room.

Its bigger its around 65 m2
    is imposible without mpr number
    Have 3 quotes for outside wall isulation and think those people think that the boom time still goes on
    The cheapest one was 12000 euro dont want to tell u the most ex one
    Those were official compagnies
    I started calling around and found out if i do it myself and buy the materials in the north im finnished included someone to put render on the walls for around a 5000 euro
    so leave the grand for what it is and do it myself

Its bigger its around 65 m2
    is imposible without mpr number
    Have 3 quotes for outside wall isulation and think those people think that the boom time still goes on
    The cheapest one was 12000 euro dont want to tell u the most ex one
    Those were official compagnies
    I started calling around and found out if i do it myself and buy the materials in the north im finnished included someone to put render on the walls for around a 5000 euro
    so leave the grand for what it is and do it myself

Can't say I'm not suprised.
    If you are doing the work yourself be careful that you install the insulation correctly. you will find a lot of installation details from insulation manufacturers websites. Be careful not to block any vents into the living space and the attic in particular

• Registered Users Posts: 42 dwsl280

Just a quick note. If you can sort out your MPRN issue with SEI, to apply for the grant for external wall insulation (€4500) you will need an SEI registered contractor to do the work. If you do it yourself and are not a registered SEI contractor you will not be able to avail of this grant.

Advertisement