Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cymbalta or Pregabalin for fibro pain?

Options
  • 22-10-2009 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone tried Cymbalta or pregabalin for fibro pain. If yes and do either of them help the fatigue or the difficulty concentrating?

Was there any agitating effect with the Cymbalta?

Any bad side effects ofd the Pregabalin
    I do not want any reply from ME groups please[/b]

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I don't mean to be rude - but from your last thread you've yet to be diagnosed with anything specific - so why are you asking about specific medication?
    As you know I have fibromyalgia myself and have been on 3 different types of drugs.
    One of which was lyrica (pregabalin) and to be honest that one drove me nuts, made me gain weight and I didn't feel a lot of good from it.
    However my mother has fibro in her chest and the lyrica does wonders for her. It takes a while for your body to settle with it though, it made me me worse with forgetfullness / not sure what it was you were doing / dopey type feeling to begin with.
    But they effect different people in different ways, and the dosage will correspond to that too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

temple publican - you are abusing the anonymous posting function.

If you do not follow the forum rules- and persist in seeking medical advice- I will be forced to have your IP address site banned.

Consider this a formal warning.

Regards,

SMcCarrick

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement