Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to heat room in Bray

Options
  • 22-10-2009 5:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

I'm renting a large room in Bray. My room has a fireplace and a portable gas burner. Which is more efficient?

I availed of a 20eur deal in Centra for 2 meagre bags of coal, a bag of damp logs and a bale of briquettes. This fuelled about 2 1/2 fires.

Has anyone got any advice on how to get better deals on fuel or a better way to make use of my facilities

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

Invest in a bushmans saw and go out and about there should be blown branches around i have done this for a while it doesnt totally solve the fuel problem but it does subsidise the cost a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Buy in bulk from a coal merchant. It's way cheaper and usually better quality coal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Outdoor_Freak

lazlo wrote: »
    I'm renting a large room in Bray. My room has a fireplace and a portable gas burner. Which is more efficient?

I availed of a 20eur deal in Centra for 2 meagre bags of coal, a bag of damp logs and a bale of briquettes. This fuelled about 2 1/2 fires.

Has anyone got any advice on how to get better deals on fuel or a better way to make use of my facilities

To answer your question, 80% of the heat produced in an open fire goes up the chimney. All of the heat produced by a portable gas heater goes into the room.

However, if you are using the protable gas heater you need to make sure that the room is properly ventilated while it is running.

Advertisement