Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Launch day 360 RROD'd

• 22-10-2009 5:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

Well my launch day Xbox 360 finally bit the dust today. Got home from work, powered her up and 3 red lights :(

I reckon i'll have a go at fixing her, but in the meantime i need a replacement.

Does anyone know do the game shops in Dublin do preowned 360s? where is good value? what should i look at paying? (and am i mad to consider it?)

Thanks a mil in advance for any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

why even bother looking at preowned? get a brand new one for little bit more, 1 year full warranty, 3y against rrod, new controllers etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

not bothered about controllers and looking to save some cash! going to fix up the auld box so i figure there might be a cheaper way ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

then I would recommend adverts.ie

docentore wrote: »
    then I would recommend adverts.ie

Think i'll check the shops first - a bit more come back if it goes pop! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Id be watchful as i heard many stories about people trading in console that RROD'd or were banned from XBL

• Advertisement

with that in mind, does anyone know what they go for in the game shops? saw a few on adverts.ie for full RRP and second hand (180 euro for arcade) :confused:

I think its around €120 euro for a 20gb premium in game and gamestop

NTMK wrote: »
    I think its around €120 euro for a 20gb premium in game and gamestop

cheers man - that sounds promising - will have to mooch around town tomorrow and see how i get on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Is there a limit on what age they have to be to send them back with that problem?

3 years E74 and RROD and 1 year for everything else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

OP if you're planning to buy a new Xbox you may as well try the towel trick and see if it works on your current console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Same happend to me 5 months ago - went to GAME in Liffey Valley - €120 got 2nd hand one with controllers and 3 year warranty, so if/when it went again i would bring it back there for direct replacement. Which it did, that day ;) ... so i went back and got another replacement. It went 1 month later, so i again went back and when they had no Core packs, they gave me the HDMI one. not a bother on that since and the warranty starts from the day you take it fresh.

That said, they have dropped in price, so i'd chance your arm and see what they are charging for 2nd hand now i bet its buttons.

BTW - i traded in the 2nd hand hard drive and they gave me money off it. if you catch me - so well worth it.

Thanks for the advice - got an arcade from game with HDMI for 120 so i guess its not quite at the buttons stage ;)

am defo gonna fix the old one .. we'll be a 2 xbox family - the missus was delighted to see me lugging in the new xbox from the car :o

Advertisement