Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 query

• 22-10-2009 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

I currently own an iPhone (I didn't post in the Apple Mobile Device forum as my query isn't Apple specific). I'm on bill pay with O2. I can currently qualify for a gold upgrade. I see the Palm Pre is free under the gold upgrade. I was thinking of getting the Palm Pre for my wife and keep the iPhone for myself. A few questions, will my sim work in my iPhone as bill pay? Is the Palm Pre easily unlocked to wok on all networks? I think that's all the questions I needed to ask, cheers!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

Your bill pay sim will continue to work fine in the iPhone if you give the Pre to your wife. I would recommend that if you have insurance that you specify which one you want covered though as it will default to the Pre if you get it.

As for the Pre it is locked to O2 for the duration of exclusivity. If you need anything else let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Honda08

Your bill pay sim will continue to work fine in the iPhone if you give the Pre to your wife. I would recommend that if you have insurance that you specify which one you want covered though as it will default to the Pre if you get it.

As for the Pre it is locked to O2 for the duration of exclusivity. If you need anything else let me know.

locked :Dsurprise surprise

18 month contract too?:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

Yes the pre comes with an 18 month contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Honda08 wrote: »
    locked :Dsurprise surprise

For now. Daryll confirmed on the O2 forums that they'll unlock them when the exclusivity period ends. When you put a non-O2 SIM into the Pre, it asks you for an unlock code.

Advertisement