Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Wild camping in Westport

• 22-10-2009 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

I am attending a course on the last wekend in October which also happens to be Halloween weekend.
    I have heard that the Harbour beside the hotel is a popular spot with campers and would like to stay there for convenience.
    I don't know the area so was wondering what people think - is it a quiet area and would it be safe on Halloween night?
    Thanks
    Connel

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭Donnchadh1

Hi Connel 42,

I pass by that way alot and always see campers there and also right up to the quay. I've never been around there for halloween but its a good area so i'd say it would be quiet enough. If you are worried tho you could always further up the quay by Skretting and the boxing club.

If your looking for somewhere quieter Tourmakeady is a great spot for wild camping right on the lake as does out past Louisbourgh.

hope this helps

Donnchadh

Advertisement