Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser transactions refunded to my card for some reason

Options
  • 22-10-2009 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

I used my BOI laser card in a shop on Tuesday and in a different shop on Wednesday. However I just noticed today that both transactions were refunded to me and it says "CR ADJUSTMENT". Why was this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

sitstill wrote: »
    I used my BOI laser card in a shop on Tuesday and in a different shop on Wednesday. However I just noticed today that both transactions were refunded to me and it says "CR ADJUSTMENT". Why was this?

Does the original Sale transactions also appear ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

If you look at the charges on Tuesday and Wednesday, is it possible that you were double-charged due to some bank glitch, and that they are now refunding one set of charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

The original sales transactions do appear - but both only appear once each.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Hmmm. I don't know, so I am going to engage in some baseless speculation instead.
    BOI had a problem last month and double-charged 120,000 customers. I would guess that they have run into some problem again and have had to reverse a load of charges from Tuesday and Wednesday of this week, even from people like yourself who weren't affected, in order to undo the mess. Now that they have done that, they will probably bill the charges again in the next couple of days.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

This happened to me also, but only for two shops I was in. The fully posted transactions are showing on my statement, then the shadow debits and credits are showing in the unposted transactions. The rest of the transactions I did that day went through fine though. Perhaps only certain retailers were affected?

• Advertisement
Advertisement