Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness Storehouse

Options
  • 22-10-2009 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi there,

Does anyone know if you can buy Guinness merchandise at the Storehouse? I know there's an online store operating from the UK, but the delivery time is too long for me.
    And if you can, is it necessary to pay the admission fee to get to the shop?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

L_gaucho wrote: »
    Hi there,

Does anyone know if you can buy Guinness merchandise at the Storehouse? I know there's an online store operating from the UK, but the delivery time is too long for me.
    And if you can, is it necessary to pay the admission fee to get to the shop?
    Yes you can buy Guinness merchandise in the Storehouse, it has an even bigger range than online, I don't know if you're allowed in just to visit the shop though, they consider it part of the 'experience' so you might well have to pay but I'll check on that in work to-morrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭L_gaucho

vektarman wrote: »
    Yes you can buy Guinness merchandise in the Storehouse, it has an even bigger range than online, I don't know if you're allowed in just to visit the shop though, they consider it part of the 'experience' so you might well have to pay but I'll check on that in work to-morrow.

Thanks , I'd appreciate that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there is also an official guinness store on westmoreland street

there is also an official guinness store on westmoreland street
    Is that part of Carrolls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

L_gaucho wrote: »
    Is that part of Carrolls?

its in a building that carrols occupied but its a stand alone outlet

• Advertisement

its in a building that carrols occupied but its a stand alone outlet

Great, that sounds like the best option..cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

There's no problem buying from the Storehouse direct if you'd prefer a larger selection in much nicer surroundings, I checked in work and you just have to go to the information desk on the ground floor of the storehouse and let them know you just want to visit the shop, they'll direct you to the shop on the 1st floor.

vektarman wrote: »
    There's no problem buying from the Storehouse direct if you'd prefer a larger selection in much nicer surroundings, I checked in work and you just have to go to the information desk on the ground floor of the storehouse and let them know you just want to visit the shop, they'll direct you to the shop on the 1st floor.

Thanks Vektarman. Might go here instead, as I have to get a specific one, so the selection should be best in the storehouse. Thanks to all for the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭anomynous

Hey, can anyone help me out with directions to Guinness Storehouse?

I'd be coming from Thomas Street, take a left onto Thomas Court, take a right on to Rainsford Street, a left on to Bellvue and follow that around until I see Guinness gates.

That's the problem though, Google Maps has left me in the middle of two entrances and I don't know which one it is. Theres an entrance on my right and on my left, but which one is to Guinness Storehouse??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

This is the main entrance

There is a separate one for wheelchair and buggy users.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭anomynous

This is the main entrance

There is a separate one for wheelchair and buggy users.

Oh didn't even notice that door on Google Maps, thank you so much :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Question answered and old thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement