Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

farmers tax

• 22-10-2009 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭

i think i heard something on the news on the radio earlier about some scheme for farmers to pay tax did any one else hear anything - it will be a real struggle to pay it this year:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭newholland

would you be talking about income averaging?

http://archives.tcm.ie/businesspost/2007/12/16/story28920.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

i just caught the tail end of aenghus mac rianna (sp) on the news saying that was a scheme in place in light of the lower income for farmers - will get paper tomorrow and see if theres anything in it, maybe i was just imagining it;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭fastrac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

If you dont make any money you dont need to pay any tax:D

thanks - means i wasnt imagining it so !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Qprmeath wrote: »
    If you dont make any money you dont need to pay any tax:D

Too bloody true !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Income averaging is the way to go - you take the average over 5 years and pay tax on this. It gets rid of problem of say.... selling a lot of cattle one year and less the following. Example - a farmer who sells cattle every Nov /Dec but one year can't sell until the following january, say because of TB lock up etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭johnstown

Just make sure if you file a return, even if you reckon you are not liable to have to pay tax.

wonder when will we know if the ifa suceeded in this measure:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Just file a return.

If you're not making money (and few do :( ) then what can revenue do

• Advertisement
Advertisement