Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now. lookin to make tamales. need help

Options
  • 22-10-2009 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Now heres a hard one. i am lookin to make tamales or in other words have the wife to learn and make tamales. They are a mexican speciality that me an my family use to do every christmas. now i want to start it with mine. now my main problem is gettin or actually making the dough. It is called masa or corn dough. where am i to get this and where do i start? and the corn husks. which shouldnt be a problem. any help will be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mildews

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

You need masa harina, which is corn as opposed to wheat flour. The only place I've been able to source it is from Dona Theresa (I'm aware there should be a cedilla on the "n" there!), who runs the Mexican food stall at the Temple Bar Saturday food market. She's a ledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 xavierg

i will look into this thanks for the help i hope she does have and more of other products i so miss real proper mexican food gotta bring the culture here in some way !!:D:D:D:D

Advertisement