Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COMPETITION: Win tickets to the Jazz Festival Club tomorrow night

Options
  • 22-10-2009 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

The lovely people behind the Cork Jazz Festival have given us 3 pairs of tickets to the Festival Club tomorrow night to give some lucky Cork posters.

On the line-up from 9.45pm is
    • Rouge
    • Captain's Blues & Viper Jive
    • Sound of Seventeen Big Band
    • John Donegan Trio

Then at 11pm there's Foyer Jazz

and from 11.45om there's
    • Jim Hart Trio/Louis Stewart
    • Souldriven
    • Harry Connolly Band
    • May Day Jazz Band

All in all going to be a great night. I'm heading down to Cork for my first Jazz Festival (and pretty much only second time in Cork!) so looking forward to a great weekend!

So all you have to do is leave a comment below. That's it. I'll pick the winners at random and PM them tomorrow before 5pm.

Best of luck to you now!

Darragh
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I'm awesome?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Badger's nadgers. FACT.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 RubyLamb

I think I should get the tickets, cos I'm great*

*and cos I used a Fr Ted reference

Purty Please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 seanTynan

Please :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sovkhoz

I would kill for this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Look at my Post Count Daragh, 4000+ Posts you know who is a real boardsie!!!! Go on give them to me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I need this. I can officially represent boards, but getting topless, and puking in the corner of a room, preferrably on some jazz attendees, where I can wipe my face, burp, and say "Sponsored by Boards .... Tada!"

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭woytek_tzn

Anything 4 free here?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

sounds like a good excuse to go for a few drinks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mutul8

I'll take them if i have to :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭104494431

I'll be on the door looking surly :)

Enjoy your night if you're there.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wonka

Pick me. Pick me. I was going to save myself for tomorrow night - but might as well start the weekend off on a good 'note'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Ok... First reason... I live for jazz/blues; second... I've been miserably sick all week so could really do with some cheering up, and this would *really* cheer me up... Lastly, I just really really want to go!!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Me please, i have a friend celebrating her birthday at it but i havent got a ticket yet so would be really really handy to win them. plus i never won anything before .....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

Tickets!!!

104494431 wrote: »
    I'll be on the door looking surly :)

Enjoy your night if you're there.

If I win the tickets I am poking the bouncer on the way in, if I poke you say hi:D

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭hudsonriver

preety please ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Thanks for all the entries folks. About to PM the lucky winners now - picked at random - and let them know. Keep an eye on the inbox and I'll be back if I have any more prizes over the weekend!

EDIT: Congrats to John K, Minidazzler and 440Hz. Have a great time! :D

Cheers

Darragh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

well what lucky users won so? will ye be selling tickets. may buy if price is right

I won I won I won!!! I love Boards!!! I haven't won anything in ages!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

It was all a sham, a fix! The bouncer's here anyway, secret handshake to you sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

Woot! How did I miss this!

Congrats to the winners!

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Enjoy the jazz Darragh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Darragh wrote: »
    EDIT: Congrats to John K, Minidazzler and 440Hz

congrats people! and nice one Darragh.

when i went to get tickets noone seemed to know anything about it. Managed to get 2 from one of the reps anyway but he didn't know anything about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

JohnK wrote: »
    when i went to get tickets noone seemed to know anything about it. Managed to get 2 from one of the reps anyway but he didn't know anything about it.

John, your tickets are at reception under your name. I know this because I'm standing in the Met Bar and have literally just checked to see if they've been collected, but they hadn't.

They're there, I promise!

well it would appear that i'm a bloody muppet! Apologies Darragh, went to the reception desk a few minutes ago and picked up my tickets. Yes i feel like a twat. (i'd put an embarrased smilie here but i'm on my phone and can't remember the code). Anyhoo, if i somehow run into you in this crowd i'll buy you a pint.

also, in my defence when i got to the door earlier and tried to get past the bouncer they said ticket collections were in the theatre where after a few false starts, phonecalls and a trip to yet another office i was finally directed to a friendly guinness rep. And yes i'm aware i'm rambling but i blame boards for all the alcohol here ;) (woo boards :D)

Darragh wrote: »
    John, your tickets are at reception under your name. I know this because I'm standing in the Met Bar and have literally just checked to see if they've been collected, but they hadn't.

They're there, I promise!

Darragh, same thing as happened John K happened me, I turned up around 10 and they wouldn't let me past the door to collect my Tix, I went to the Everyman, and was sent back.

It's 120 am and I am home because the buddy I brought decided to be all ghey after being turned away so we went to a work party of his:(

Ah well, I would have enjoyed it but the bouncer was an eejit and knew nothing!!!

• Advertisement

just to mention, i found that that rep during the night and made my apologies about the mix up and when i told him my tickets had been at the reception desk he said he never thought of that as thats where residents tickets were.PIty you didnt get in. PHONES AcTInG up sORRY BOUT CAPS

Advertisement