Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Laser Card Fraud :(

Options
  • 22-10-2009 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi all,

I was checking the balance on my current account this evening and got a bit of a shock- a lot of money was missing! When I went down through the statement I spotted several transactions for 02 top-ups, a couple of large bills for the Trinity Capital hotel and a Ticketmaster transaction. All since the 16th of October and they're all prefixed by POS which I believe means someone was physically present, had a card and a PIN. What's odd is that my card is right here beside me, hasn't left my sight and no one knows my PIN.

I got in touch with AIB straight away and they've cancelled my card, but I need to meet with them at my branch to run down through the dodgy transactions. I've also reported it to the Gardai as well and they'd like to see the statement once I'm finished in the bank. I really, really hope I get this money back. Does anyone have experience of this? Any advice would be appreciated.

Its my birthday today- arghhhhhhhhh! :( Hope its not the beginning of a run of bad karma.

Thanks,
    T.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You've done the right thing - you've let the bank know, and got the card cancelled.

As for the money back - well no one can say yes or no, for sure. Generally, however, the funds are returned if they feel it is fraudulent.

Advertisement