Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children's book grant

• 22-10-2009 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Does anyone know who I should get in contact with about getting a grant for writing and illustrating a children's book in Irish. I have just published my first children's book which I wrote and illustrated as part of my final degree project in college. A few people have said to me that I could get a grant for my second book. Not too sure who I should approach about this though? Conradh na Gaeilge? The Arts Council?

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Apply for as many grants as you can on the basis that most organisations have had their funding cut and that even if your project is exactly the kind of thing they tend to support, you're still not guaranteed anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭swimgal

Thanks for your advice. I've sent out a few emails enquiring but not getting any replies. Probably not the best time to be looking for a grant!

I'll try a few more places. Hopefully I'll have more success.

Advertisement