Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids throwing stuff at cars on childers road

Options
  • 22-10-2009 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Driving home this evening, a kid presses the traffic light, all the cars stop, a hail of missiles are thrown at all cars. I was gonna get out on chase them, then I realized, whats the point...:mad:

Just some advise, avoid if possible especially on dry nights like tonight

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

You missed the thread here a few weeks ago so.
    There was people throwing children at cars then.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daca88

Casperbhoy wrote: »
    Driving home this evening, a kid presses the traffic light, all the cars stop, a hail of missiles are thrown at all cars. I was gonna get out on chase them, then I realized, whats the point...:mad:

Just some advise, avoid if possible especially on dry nights like tonight

what time was this at dude? i work in the retail park and am in constant fear of my car getting vandalised in the car park....again:mad:

was it the traffic lights where if you turn right you go towards Mace?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

It always gets worse close to Halloween. The bridge at the Killmallock roundabout is a favourite spot for the rock chuckers.

The traffic lights above the Childers road retail park is another spot, and the traffic lights where Childers road meets Ballinacurra road is another spot.

It generally dies down again after Halloween, or if we get a good dose of rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Thanks for the heads-up lads. I'm just going out the back now to do a rain dance.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Were they kids or teenagers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭phill106

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    You missed the thread here a few weeks ago so.
    There was people throwing children at cars then.

Jeez throwing kids at cars? That would leave some dent, a 13 year old knocking off your bonnet!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

Happened to me around 9pm, they were kids of all ages from the looks

The older kids probably getting the younger kids to do it, the kid who threw a broom handle at my car seemed to be about 12 or 13

Luckily, there is no damage, think it glanced off the roof. Could just have easily of came through the window though. What if I had kids in the back?

The gardi were called. They need to show a presence in the area for a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Casperbhoy wrote: »
    They need to show a presence in the area for a few weeks

Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Watch out for that knacker park around the side of the maldron, passing there a week ago and some fu**in' kid threw sh*t at my car!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Watch out for that knacker park around the side of the maldron, passing there a week ago and some fu**in' kid threw sh*t at my car!

Actual crap or crap meaning they threw stones or something like that?

Because if it is the former then I am having flashbacks to a Merseyside derby where some animals starting doing that in the crowd. :mad:

• Advertisement

Kess73 wrote: »
    Actual crap or crap meaning they threw stones or something like that?

Because if it is the former then I am having flashbacks to a Merseyside derby where some animals starting doing that in the crowd. :mad:

Actual crap...and I don't think it was horse or cow poo....iccckkkk!

And also wtf??In a crowd??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Arrgh, i detested driving on the Childers Road so much that i now go the longer route to work by O'Connell Ave. Kids just constantly run out in front of you on Childers, especially on that stretch near the level crossing between the Hyde Road junction and Roxboro traffic lights. And i've had stones hurled at the car before too. I avoid it as much as possible.

grenache wrote: »
    Arrgh, i detested driving on the Childers Road so much that i now go the longer route to work by O'Connell Ave. Kids just constantly run out in front of you on Childers, especially on that stretch near the level crossing between the Hyde Road junction and Roxboro traffic lights. And i've had stones hurled at the car before too. I avoid it as much as possible.
    I can't avoid it, I live on the Kilmallock rd and go to the gym in the maldron. My whole day revolves around driving up and down that stupid road.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭supermommy

And here I thought I was imagining things the other day when I saw eggshells and breadcrusts on someones back window!

Advertisement