Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gears of War 2 Fail

• 22-10-2009 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭

So i went on to epic forums to vent on the forums to state that ..

The fact that you can start constantly start with no gun
    Keep getting matched with Mexican or US hosts although there must be UK Irish games kicking off (we actually tested this amongst friends)
    No servers therefore host is always the top player.
    The amount of glitches, host bridging, off the map, invisible glitches, moving at 50 times speed .. all nearly 3-4 years after gear release.

and i got banned .. for been "insulting" ... lovely

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

So you came here... Where we can be very helpful :rolleyes:

Never had many problems myself with the game. Just a bit of lag a couple of times. Whats your connection speed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Had very few problems too. You come across the odd team up to dodgy tactics but its not going on the whole time. And game was only released last November.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

I gave up on it to be honest. The campaign was good (looked good), but I couldnt get to grip with the matchmaking game types (couldnt understand the rules), the weapons and Lag. I probably didnt give it enough time though... too much of a Halo 3 fanboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

rizzla wrote: »
    So you came here... Where we can be very helpful :rolleyes:

Never had many problems myself with the game. Just a bit of lag a couple of times. Whats your connection speed?

Connection is 7.6 megs, game used to be fine but every update done just messed it up a little more each time, to the point now unless you are based in the US, online is useless.

Xbox has pretty much introduced the MS/PC philosophy of release now and we can try and fix it up later. It was the one thing about console gaming a used to love, they had to get it right for release. Now its like windows with the amount of post release updates

yea sorry, just venting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

smog wrote: »
    Connection is 7.6 megs, game used to be fine but every update done just messed it up a little more each time, to the point now unless you are based in the US, online is useless.

I'm the exact opposite. I couldn't play the online when it first came out, with the updates providing me much more stability.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 BazzVanChazz

Epic dont give a ****, they have got their money off of us already.. I pay 60 euro for live just to play on ****ty yank host,its a joke tbf:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

If only they introduced dedicated servers for consoles.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Advertisement