Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front door leaking problem

Options
  • 22-10-2009 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I need to bounce ideas as I am stuck with front door leak. I have a recessed pvc door with the frame sitting on a concrete step. I figured out that the step was cut to put the pvc door frame in place and concrete was put back in. That concrete caved in towards the door and any water on the front step would get under the door frame inside the house. I redid the front step with a slope away from the door and resealed the bottom of the door frame. it seems that water is still coming in. Since it is a recessed door, very little water actually reach the door frame or the front step. I dried the concrete slab from the inside to see if it would get wet again and it did. if I dry the concrete slab from the inside before going to bed I can see the wet on the concrete in the inside in the morning. I am wondering what could cause this. I have attached pictures. I have covered all the steps on the outside with plastic to rule out a leak in the steps. Could condensation do this? I dont know what to do next. There is no drop between the front door and the step it's sitting on. People are advising me to break the step and redo it allowing a couple of inches drop. I am also thinking of putting damp proofing on in the inside and filling the gaps with expanding foam. Any idea would help, thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

shot in the dark here but what is the seal at the top of the door on the external side like?

perhaps the rain can come into the door at the top on the outside travelling down inside the door then drains out the bottom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 mitabrev

Ive got this exact problem with my door.
    vecchiaem - did you ever get this sorted? Would love to know how.
    Thanks

Advertisement