Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to get decent mouse/rat traps in dublin

Options
  • 22-10-2009 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

hi,
    can any one suggest a decent mouse/rat trap and where i can get it in dublin city center?

i have the wooden ones but they dont always go off / are hard to set correctly

edit: not looking for poisin or humane traps - need to kill them but have small dog so poisin is not an option
    cheers,
    ft

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I hate poision for the reason that you dont know where the rat/mouse is and you never truly know if you got them,how many you got.

I prefere to use a range of trap called The big cheese they are available in woodies they are excellent. gooogle them you will see. You set the rat trap with your foot and the mouse trap is very light.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

I love cheap timber mouse traps! Squeeze half a Rolo or piece of Mars bar onto the wire (They love choc & caramel).

Find out where they are coming in and set trap on their path. Set it very lightly, usually at 45 degrees to the wall - they like to stay close to the wall and just can't resist choc. I get at least 30 kills on a trap over the years, before its worn out. (that sounds terrible but its true)

Rats are nasty - one or two rats can be handled with a standard rat trap - out of reach of your dog. Any more than one or two requires professional help!

Advertisement