Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photography Ireland Forums

• 22-10-2009 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭

Anyone here active on the PI boards? It looked like a great resource, so I signed up a week ago, but I'm still waiting for an admin to activate my account. Is this type of delay normal? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Quite a few here will be on there too. I think they are normally on top of their game. I'm a bit surprised tbh. Have you checked your spam folders for confirmation mails etc.,????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

Anyone here active on the PI boards? It looked like a great resource, so I signed up a week ago, but I'm still waiting for an admin to activate my account. Is this type of delay normal? :confused:

I signed up a bit over a month ago and haven't heard a peep. Just gave up them.

I think I saw steve (stcstc) is moderating the printing forums over there??? He might assist if you give him a pm.

(correct me if i'm wrong)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Quite a few here will be on there too. I think they are normally on top of their game. I'm a bit surprised tbh. Have you checked your spam folders for confirmation mails etc.,????

Yeah, checked the spam folder. Never mind, will try again. Thanks for the reply! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Is this type of delay normal? :confused:

I'd say that kind of delay would be normal with that admin. Nice guy. no, really. *cough*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

You know the way when you type **** here you get all those asterisks? Well if you type Boards over on PI the same thing happens!! :confused:

Valentia wrote: »
    You know the way when you type **** here you get all those asterisks? Well if you type Boards over on PI the same thing happens!! :confused:

that speaks volumes. also doesn't surprise me one bit. as my far more eloquent half would say "guy's a ****".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

rymus wrote: »
    that speaks volumes. also doesn't surprise me one bit. as my far more eloquent half would say "guy's a ****".

Who is a ****?

Who is a ****?

Ahh no one, I'm just letting loose my inner rant. Pay no attention.

rymus wrote: »

I was serious but joking.........;)

• Advertisement

Valentia wrote: »
    I was serious but joking.........;)

seriously joking? or jokingly serious? or both? We'll never know for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Wait, are you serious, Danny? They censored the words boards.ie?

That's hilarious if true!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭mtracey

First, nope its not normal to have to wait so long, but with the large
    number of new members which unfortunately have included quite a few spam
    members (which get deleted) mean that a few genuine users will on occasion get missed.

So apologies for that. Feel free to pm me your member name on photographyireland.net and I'll activate you.

Going forward, use any other the email addresses on the bottom of the PI site
    or email me directly at mtracey@photographyireland.net

Btw boards is not changed to ***** either btw :)

Thanks for reading.

thanks for the moany pm mark, I originally expected it in an email, but I expected it anyway. hope you get your desired result when you bitch about me to the mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭mtracey

Rymus,

In fairness, its not great to come on here and read the name calling etc...
    At least I pm'd you and didn't post it on the forum.

Ah shur I know... I blame the pms. Sorry luv. c'mere, givvus a hug.

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Wait, are you serious, Danny? They censored the words boards.ie?

That's hilarious if true!!

I was being sarcastic. Though one Boards member was asked (told) not to mention Boards on PI in relation to an event that was happening. That was my way of describing that behaviour. I'll have to try and be less cryptic.

Actually my main gripe with PI was that my posts were being edited. Sounds crazy but true. Pity. There are some really sound and helpful people on that forum. But having to watch what I was saying all the time became unbearable.

Reading my PM now!

you got one too? there I was thinking I was special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Oh yes! I remember that incident now.

I'm feeling left out of the PM circle at this stage :pac:

I'll forward one to you just so you dont feel rejected. Poor lad.

• Advertisement

Hmnnnn..... ok,

I think the original question has been well answered at this point - perhaps the remainder of the discussion could head to twitter.

/turns lock

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement