Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dress alteration

• 22-10-2009 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭

I found a beautiful dress today for only €25. It's absolutely gorgeous but I think it's been made all wrong, I had to buy a size that's normally too loose on me and even now, it zips up the back and the zip will only close most of the way up with about an inch left to go. I can't try a bigger size because the one I tried is waaay too loose up top. It's odd because I'm normally an 8 but their 8 wouldn't even get past my hips. So I got the ten but it's too lose around my chest, which is so strange because a ten is a small size in my opinion and I'm a C-Cup so the 10 really shouldn't be too big up top. So now I'm in a situation where the zip wont close all the way but my shoulders and chest are lost in it. Very odd sizing indeedy. (I'm actually blaming the sizes this time and not my love of chocolate :P)

My question is, if anyone knows of anywhere around Dublin's City Centre where I could have the dress altered without it costing a bomb? I think the €25 is a great price for the dress so I'm happy to pay to have it altered if it's possible. I know nothing about alterations, do you think it's possible to have this dress fixed?

Basically I need to know if it can be done, where and roughly how much!

Thank you everyone :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I don't know about the City Centre but any alterations I get done usually cost about 6-10 euro in Crumlin. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

fonpokno wrote: »
    I don't know about the City Centre but any alterations I get done usually cost about 6-10 euro in Crumlin. :)

Woooah :eek: That's actually deadly! Do they measure you themselves? Because that's the part that worries me, if I'm left to do it myself I wouldn't have a clue! :o

Advertisement