Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching Science Courses

Options
  • 22-10-2009 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hi guys,

Okay..so I missed my dream course by 10 points this year and got my second choice - a denominated Science course. I read all about it before and thought it was something I wanted to do for four years, but no. I hate it. Physically hate it. Hate going into the lectures. It just bores me out of my mind and I have no interest in the subject whatsoever. Despite the face that I really did think it was something i would have loved. Well, loved in the way you like a dress that replaces your favourite dress.

Now, theres another course, that was actually 3rd on my CAO, that I seem to prefer. This is in no way a grass is greener situation but I've talked to people doing that course and it just seems like a better fit.

So, what I'm asking is...is there any way to transfer (it would have to be in second year though I persume) taking into account I have the Leaving Cert points for it? And would there be any other requirements?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

What exactly is you dream course if you dont mind me asking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 doorknob_opener

Medicine...and all the work that would have come with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I doubt you could tbh, if it was remotely as simple as starting a science course then transferring, everyone would do it.

You could inquire, but dont go expecting much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

your choices are to do the LC again or get the degree in science and then get into medicine via the graduate entry. but that's all a bit much! hope you manage to do what you want with yourself :)

Advertisement