Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

driving out of town towards saggart

Options
  • 22-10-2009 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi

Hi all. Sorry not sure where to post this.
    Just got a job in Rathcoole and was thinking of moving to Inchicore.
    Would anyone out there do this route? Wondering, how long would it take to drive to Rathcoole from Inchicore to be at work for 8:30 am.. or should I just move to RAthcoole or Saggart instead??
    any feedback would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

Hi

Hi all. Sorry not sure where to post this.
    Just got a job in Rathcoole and was thinking of moving to Inchicore.
    Would anyone out there do this route? Wondering, how long would it take to drive to Rathcoole from Inchicore to be at work for 8:30 am.. or should I just move to RAthcoole or Saggart instead??
    any feedback would be much appreciated.

Congrats on the job.
    It's a straight run out to Rathcoole, as you know. I can't advise on timings though. By residing in Inchicore you have more options for Dublin city jobs if your circumstances change. But if you were brught up in a rural area our wish to head down the country regularly, than Rathcoole is more convenient.
    I would choose Inchicore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

69 bus goes through Inchicore and serves Rathcoole and Saggart. That said, it takes a bit of a magical mystery tour through Clondalkin unfortunately.

I would guess that the drive would be OK in the morning. I drive the opposite way every morning and Saggart-Inchicore never takes more than 40 minutes max.

If you move to Saggart, bear in mind that the Luas Red Line is being extended to there and is due to open in 2011. The work seems to be advancing well from what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 little dinosaur

Thanks for your replies guys.

Stovelid, would there be a sharp contrast re. traffic flow on that inchicore-saggart route? Or are there pretty much the same amount of people heading to citywest and so on from town as there are from there to town.

Is it Newlands cross where the slowdown happens or basically all the way?

(I'm sorry for all the Qs, I've only driven the naas road about 4 times and that was off peak :o )

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I drive the Naas Road to Sallins every morning. I leave Dartry/Rathmines at around 8am and am parked in Sallins by 8.35ish.

I head out through Terenure, Walkinstown, Red Cow, Newlands Cross. The worst of the traffic is between the Red Cow and Newlands Cross but as long as you're there before 8.20 it's not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Whoa whoa whoa, I drive from citywest/saggart through Inchicore to Marino a few times a week, takes literally 15 minutes to get to Inchicore with moderate traffic, longest it's taken was around 25 mins with bad traffic :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Stovelid, would there be a sharp contrast re. traffic flow on that inchicore-saggart route? Or are there pretty much the same amount of people heading to citywest and so on from town as there are from there to town.

Have no clue unfortunately as I am driving inwards in the mornings. I would assume that more people drive inwards than outwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 little dinosaur

Thanks very much everyone for the feedback. Wow dudara. That sounds good. Good to know by what time is good to get past the newlands cross. :)

Advertisement