Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual-layer DVD's (DVD-9's)

Options
  • 22-10-2009 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭

Anyone got a lead on cheap packs of these? Argos & Peats only do Memorex packs of 10 for 18 quid!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Tesco had 5 packs for 5 or 6 euro. You could see if they still have them. There is a thread about it on here somewhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I normally get mine from here
    http://www.discs.ie/DVD-MEDIA/DUAL-LAYER/Dual-Layer-Printable/
    They're based in Ireland.
    Postage isn't too cheap though (I think it was around €7 the last time I got some) but they usually deliver to me next working day.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I used svp.co.uk in the past.
    Shipping costs back then were rather high but the prices of the discs were good enough to swallow the shipping costs.
    As long as you buy a years supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭kopykat

Try www.justmedia.ie. I've bought DVD-R's a few times and they have good quality media and more importantly the prices are reasonable. Previously used to buy from SVP for years but the postage became too expensive. Justmedia are based in Dublin so you can call in and buy off them or if your outside Dublin like me if u buy over €50 worth, postage is free. I think they are good value and I'd sooner give the business to someone based here than UK, nice to have a local alternative. I have no connection with the business just a satisfied customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Ehhh bump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Ehhhh why :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Because I'm looking to find some and was hoping people might have more recent information on the subject.

I wasn't just randomly bumping a thread about DVD's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭antocann

http://ukdvdr.co.uk

can get 50 printable dvdr for 4.00 duallayer are cheap aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Just an advice: stay away from Memorex. I had couple of them after burning them the drive struggled to read them and thehy're unuseable now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

New offer in Maplins (Blanch)
    Verbatim DVD+R Dual Layer 25 Spindle for €29.99.

I know, I know, you can get cheaper spurious brands online, but factor in shipping, and the fact that these are Verbs, it's not bad for bricks and mortar.

• Advertisement
Advertisement