Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sydney/East Coast for one week

Options
  • 23-10-2009 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm going to Oz in Feb/March for 1 week with someone who won a trip for a week to the vineyards around Adelaide. We've decided to extend the trip for another week to take in Sydney and maybe some of the east coast. I know its a long way to go for just 2 weeks but we can't really take anymore time.

Anyway after the week in Adelaide we were thinking of flying to Cairns and spend 4 nights there, Whitsunday Islands, Great Barrier Reef and Port Douglas been recommended so far, then fly to Sydney spending 3 nights there and then fly home. Anyone any suggestions on where to go/what to see. And also would it be worth it to fly to see uluru for one night?

Thanks!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Cairns and spend 4 nights there, Whitsunday Islands, Great Barrier Reef and Port Douglas been recommended so far

Pick one of these and stay there for 4 nights, whitsundays is amazing, you can do a 2night - 3 day trip and then cairns or something

The reef is assessable from W Sundays or Cairns
    then fly to Sydney spending 3 nights there and then fly home. Anyone any suggestions on where to go/what to see. And also would it be worth it to fly to see uluru for one night?
    Lots to do in sydney, opera house, bridge, museaums, blue mountains, hunter valley, beaches, sky tower ... blah blah blah ... what stuff do you like?

Uluru one night - nah, not really, it is amazing but one night, fly takes 3.5hrs from syney (inc 1 hr wait) then 1 night in hot desert, and fly back - it just a bit rushed really, in my opinion

Advertisement