Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weekends Fixtures

• 23-10-2009 1:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

23 Oct 2009 St Patrick's Athletic 7:45 Derry City
    23 Oct 2009 Galway United 7:45 Bohemians
    23 Oct 2009 Cork City 7:45 Drogheda United
    23 Oct 2009 Dundalk 7:45 Shamrock Rovers

23 Oct 2009 UCD 7:45 Longford Town
    23 Oct 2009 Kildare County 8:00 Wexford Youths
    24 Oct 2009 Finn Harps 7:45 Shelbourne
    24 Oct 2009 Athlone Town 7:45 Monaghan United

Say there will be a good few draws in the premier, all have very strong potential for a draw minus the Bohs match. Hoping UCD slip up and we can take advantage on Saturday in a sunny (ye right, never been up there when it's been dry:() Ballybofey.

All then the FAI Cup semi's we have,
    23 Oct 2009 Sligo Rovers 7:35 Waterford United
    25 Oct 2009 Sporting Fingal 4:05 Bray Wanderers

Hopefully Sligo or Waterford win, no poxy replay so we actually get to go to Waterford on Tuesday, and hopefully Fingal draw and goes to a replay.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Don't have the money to go Galway :( Hoping for an assured performance from the boys, back in our hands now

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Looks like they'll be up to 1500 Rovers making their way up to Dundalk tonight. Heading up later myself and looking forward to this: whatever happens there and elsewhere, it's been a season to remember.

Can't see Bohs slipping up and sadly, we look to have some very important players missing.

Hopefully a Sligo-Bray final with Bray winning it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

stovelid wrote: »
    Looks like they'll be up to 1500 Rovers making their way up to Dundalk tonight. Heading up later myself and looking forward to this: whatever happens there and elsewhere, it's been a season to remember.

Be a good crowd, more than used to be at the majority of your matches in Tolka anyway,

Be a good crowd, more than used to be at the majority of your matches in Tolka anyway,

istockphoto_3669846-balloon-burst.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Cork at home, will they be able to play the game with no floodlights?

They haven't paid their leccy bills.

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/corkcity/news.asp?n=37417
    :rolleyes:
    the club’s kitchen staff has also been operating without a power supply.
    Mmmmmm, Salad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Nearly there !

Come on Bohs.
    don't screw up tonight.

93898.jpg

Des wrote: »

Time to send out the FAI bat signal.

Or maybe the FAI only interfere when the game is a title-decider.

Pal wrote: »
    Nearly there !

Come on Bohs.
    don't screw up tonight.

93898.jpg

Some amount of guards there.:eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I'll be astonished if Rovers win tonight. Extra 1k Dundalk fans and defeat on Tuesday will see to it.

Will be heading to Richmond though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

They are one up ;)

• Advertisement

1-0 Bohs :cool:

Madden with the goal

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Dundalk 1-1. :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

2-0 Bohs, Madden again. :D

Dundalk 1-1. :D

Chris Turner!

2-0 Bohs!! Madden again

Pissed off I'm not there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Chris Turner!
    lol good lad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

4-2 to Rovers - f'uck it

going to the wire!

Makes it better when we win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

well that was depressing stuff, lads. we had nothing, stu byrne was our best player. . .and that's just coz he manages to get in the way a few times. gifted 2 goals, Derry didn't even really have to try.

i'm seriously fearing a drop for the first time. . .who could we actually beat over 2 legs in a playoff with the way we're playing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Some last ten minutes from Rovers.

It still just requires one slip up from Bohs and we can take it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

theteal wrote: »
    well that was depressing stuff, lads. we had nothing, stu byrne was our best player. . .and that's just coz he manages to get in the way a few times. gifted 2 goals, Derry didn't even really have to try.

i'm seriously fearing a drop for the first time. . .who could we actually beat over 2 legs in a playoff with the way we're playing?

You're in big trouble alright. It was awful stuff against a poor Derry side. Could've been 4-0.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

4-2, nice one.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Unreal!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Des wrote: »

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/corkcity/news.asp?n=37417
    :rolleyes:

Mmmmmm, Salad.

It's the training ground that the ESB cut off, I would imagine the MFA would have the cross sorted for now. Nothing surprises me anymore with all the sh*te that has happened with Coughlan around :rolleyes:

0-0 result tonight, miserable evening and the game wasn't much better. Picked up pace a bit when Dav came on but still couldn't score. Dan Murray got sent off as well :/

Just back. Great match. Hone support in great vice in fairness. Thought it was all over when they equalized a minute or two right after the our second. Poor old Mannus - spilled the ball over the line for the second goal. The knives will be out. He made a superb reflex save soon after though. Rovers had some decent chances - a shot off the crossbar and an overhead kick from Twigg (I think) cleared off the line. Brilliant free kick from Baker at the death.

My mate told me that one of the ball boys (only a kid) was strolling across the pitch with the corner flag after the whistle and making wanker signs at us on the terrace. Classic. :D

Madden, why was he only on loan with us.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Just back. Great match. Hone support in great vice in fairness. Thought it was all over when they equalized a minute or two right after the our second. Poor old Mannus - spilled the ball over the line for the second goal. The knives will be out. He made a superb reflex save soon after though. Rovers had some decent chances - a shot off the crossbar and an overhead kick from Twigg (I think) cleared off the line. Brilliant free kick from Baker at the death.

My mate told me that one of the ball boys (only a kid) was strolling across the pitch with the corner flag after the whistle and making wanker signs at us on the terrace. Classic. :D

was that before of after your lot invaded the pitch ? Both teams pretty poor tonight , rovers scoreline flatters them but congratz all the same. Did you see yet another dundalk player getting sent off AFTER The final whistle ?

Sarge wrote: »
    was that before of after your lot invaded the pitch ? Both teams pretty poor tonight , rovers scoreline flatters them but congratz all the same. Did you see yet another dundalk player getting sent off AFTER The final whistle ?

Not happy with the pitch invasion(s) myself although (not you personally) it never seems to get commented on unless it's us. Thought Rovers shaded it on the work front, but it was very close until the two late goals. Thought introduction of Kavanagh made a difference too. Would have been a good game for telly wouldn't it?

Somebody said there was a card after the whistle alright but I didn't see it. What was it for?

I think it was mouthing off at the ref , doesnt surprise me with the lack of discipline in the team. thats 17 this year. Rovers fans arrested in dundalk also did you hear anything ?

Rovers fans arrested in dundalk also did you hear anything ?

Heard there was an arrest(s) outside the ground just after. Wasn't sure who or why. The main body of away fans were kept in for nearly half hour after the final whistle.

• Advertisement

Heard there was an arrest(s) outside the ground just after. Wasn't sure who or why. The main body of away fans were kept in for nearly half hour after the final whistle.

Yeah 40 minutes your guys were kept in but to be honest i think that was for your own safety and prevent two fans meeting , which might i add there were doing in the pubs with no hassle. I also see that some of your scum bag element actually took it apon themselves to charge the barriers and knock them down. Great athmosphere last night.

Yeah 40 minutes your guys were kept in but to be honest i think that was for your own safety and prevent two fans meeting , which might i add there were doing in the pubs with no hassle. I also see that some of your scum bag element actually took it apon themselves to charge the barriers and knock them down. Great athmosphere last night.

Unfortunately, I think they met before that anyway. :(

The guards told us the hold back was to stop us getting whacked outside so fair enough but we should have been told earlier instead of such a large crowd having to stand that long in a confined area like that. One or two clowns shook the barriers true. No excuse for that.

On the bright side, fantastic game and atmo. Given the current state of the league, I think Dundalk Rovers has the potential to become a big 'un :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Semi on RTE 2. Bray -v- Fingal

Should have lots of goals from what i have seen!

CHD wrote: »

Fingal 2 up.

Will be sad to see Bray go down, always a fun trip.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

They deserve it obviously if the 20 mins i have seen is anything to go by!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Very impressed with fingal, however.....

Its terrible to think that fingal will get half the tickets for the final

they will end up handing them out at bus stops and in the local supermarket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Will be sad to see Bray go down, always a fun trip.

Literally, tumbleweed.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

elshambo wrote: »
    Very impressed with fingal, however.....

Its terrible to think that fingal will get half the tickets for the final

they will end up handing them out at bus stops and in the local supermarket
    And noone'd still go! :pac:

Literally, tumbleweed.gif
    Oh dear...

Waterford -v- Shels tomorrow, doesn't sound promising going by the weather so far down there I'm told, it better be on, not in the mood of missing another day of college and having to pay money for a bus to the m50 and back.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

CHD wrote: »

Just saw the goals on MNS, some cracking goals in fairness, looked like a great game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement